I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Thursday, January 15, 2009

More on Happenings and Alaina

Well, I said in my last post that I have alot going on around here. My physical house is almost all in order. I still have to get to the girls room, (which Kylie cleaned yesterday almost completely on her own)... our office...which is a complete mess and my laundry room.

My spiritual house is getting there. We are getting back on track with the Love Dare, I am starting to get in my Bible reading every day, although I have not been getting up at 6, (sick kids...) I have been doing my reading. I have been trying to get back into reading blogs and while I may not comment on everyone, I am trying to "surf" three or four a day to catch up.

I also am doing something that I have been battling for a long time. I have battled depression ever since I can remember. I have always been a fighter, I did things to keep me busy instead of letting depression drag me down.....not that I am not still fighting, just that it is not working somuch anymore.. I will save the rest for a later post that I am working on but lets just say that after my last depressive period, Paul and I talked and I now have an appointment with a doctor that I trust to try to get a handle on this......I will post on more as soon as I feel I am able....just keep us in your prayers as I am dealing with this. If any of you deal with depression, then you know what I am talking about.

Alaina, the latest of my sick kids....(between the virus and allergies, it has been a rough couple of weeks. Alaina has the latest round of coughs and just plain feeling cruddy. It is a mix between allergies and bronchitis....their doctor put her on a nebulizer until the coughing stops and then I have it in case they need it. So I am staying home with them until this weekend when I have to go get groceries...I would really love to go to the library but not with her being as sick as she is and RSV going around....Plus she is on a steroid for the bronchitis...which means her immune system is lower...We've been this round with Jason and Kylie in the last couple of weeks.


So here is what I am thankful for today!!!!! I am thankful that I have a warm house in which to keep my babies while they get well. I am thankful that the water doesnt freeze in the whole house stil, just one end of it. lol. I am thankful that it is SNOWING today....flurries but my babies are getting to see snow. I am thankful that my hubby is getting extra days at work this week and next. I am thankful that it is a three paycheck month....money to pay off a bill!!!! I am thankful that I have an understanding husband and that he encourages me and doesnt put me down when I feel like I need to get help. I am thankful for my family (here and everywhere) that I know they will be there for me when I need it, no matter what it is.... I am thankful for Church Family (here and everywhere) that they are uplifting and encouraging. I am thankful for my almost clean house and that I have the health and ability to clean it. I am thankful for Moms night out....to give me a little break and get with other moms who go through what I do every day. I am thankful that I serve a just God and a loving God!!!!! and that I still have the freedom to serve HIM!

Blessings to all
Crystal

1 comment:

Jules said...

Hi Sissy!

Just wanted to drop in and say that I LOVE you!!! :)

Praying for you & it will be all right! Mostly because as soon as income tax comes in; I am there, baby!!! ROFL!!!!! :) Aren't you excited?!!

EMAIL ME!!!!!!