I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Bible Reading.

In the past, I have never read all the way through the Bible. Isnt that bad of me. I have never read the whole thing from cover to cover. I have read alot of it at different times, but never the whole thing.

I have a Bible REading guide in the front of my Bible. It is a Zondervan KJV Bible. It has three diferent reading tracts to guide you to reading your bible. I have started on the first tract and if you read it everyday, it should take you six weeks to get through it. It has three different parts. I am doing this mostly because I cannot read the same book of the Bible for very long at a time.. It has to do with my manic mind,,,I get bored. Yes I know I am not supposed to get bored with the Bible but I do.

So to share a little of what I have been reading with you, I will list the scriptures that I have read so far and say what they say about it.

Part 1 Tract 1
Two weeks on the life and teachings of Jesus.

Luke 1: Preparing for Jesus arrival.
Luke 2: The story of Jesus Birth
Mark 1: The beginning of Jesus Ministry
Mark 9: A day in the life of Jesus
Matthew 5: Jesus teaches the sermon on the mount.

Tommorow I will read....Matthew 6: Jesus teaches the sermon on the mount.

I will try to post what I am reading every day and when I begin tract two I will let you know...

3 comments:

Misty said...

My bible class at church began reading the bible from the beginning at the first of the year. It's a great idea, unfortunately by the time we got to psalms we got completely bogged down. We decided to go through the New Testament for a while, and it's going much better. It's very difficult to read the bible from cover to cover. I haven't ever actually done it either.

Kelli said...

It's a wonderful goal to read through the entire Bible, Crystal! Right now we are reading through Luke. :0)
Kelli

Jules said...

I have the same one in the front of mine, I think that I will start reading it. Thanks for the great reminder! Love you,

Sis