I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9-11

Remember 9-11 ?

Today they are playing live feed on CNN.com. I do not have TV so I have been listening to this and watching parts of it while I am cleaning house, mostly playing with my babies. I cant watch it too much because it is too sad. There are grown sometimes big strong looking men on there crying because of friends they lost. There are kids walking down the rows with pictures of men or women and you have to guess that they are now living without that parent. Some of them dont look much older than 6 or 7 which means they were either born not too long before or not too long after it happened. How sad....

I am sitting here thinking how our AMERICA has changed. we are no longer the free country we used to be. Everyday now is a worry about whether someone else is going to attack us. I have to raise my kids up with this. I have to explain to them how something like that could happen. And the question everyone always ask when something like this happens is "How could God allow this to happen?" I know someday my kids are going to ask that...How do I answer it?
Edited: Happy Momma pointed out in her comment that not everyone has to worry about whether someone else is going to attack us. I did not mean that everyone has to worry about it. I know that it is in the back of my mind alot but not a constant worry. I also dont believe that we are no longer free, just not free to a point. I mean we now have restrictions on us that we didnt before. If you are a person who travels alot, then you know. I am sorry if I came across as someone who worries about it constantly, I dont. Just about the people I know over in the east who are fighting this war now. And I am learning everyday to turn it over to God and let him handle it. He can take care of them if they will just let him. I cant worry about them, I can pray for them.

SAD...

Reas,Sarah, Kyra,Drake....I m thinking about you today....
Cathena, I know your husband is over there...
Holly, I hope Ryan comes home safe.
Trent, if you are back over there, I pray for you.
And My cousin Bradley, I dont know if you are still over there, I know you have been and I hope you are home safe by now.


And to all the others I know but cant think of th names right now...God Bless You and Go With You, I pray for you everyday that you may come home alive. I pray that you will still have some sanity and that you come home healthy. I cant imagine what you go through everyday but I am glad someone has the courage to do it.

I know that I wasnt going to post for a while but I hd to post today...


2 comments:

Malisa @ Sanity in Small Doses said...

You tell your kids, that God doesn't control free-will. People have free-will to do what they choose. God knows all, but he can't stop all.

You mention that every day there is worry whether someone is going to attack us.. I have to say that I disagree a little bit.

It seems like our country remembers terrorists and 9/11 the days leading up the date, or if there is another threat, another Osama bin Laden tape, or when another soldier is killed in the line of duty. I don't know for sure if it is always top of mind awareness though. I am sure it is for those that lost someone, were part of the crews searching through the rubble, people in NYC, families of soldiers overseas, etc... But everyone else, I don't know.

It's a very sad time, and a true reminder to Americans what those terrorists did to our country, and the freedoms that they took away.

Jules said...

Sis,

I know EXACTLY what you mean. No, we do not live in fear but it is VERY hard to explain to your children the evil others are capable of and why God allows it. We may understand that it's free will but children don't necessarily understand things as easy as that when we ourselves struggle at times to understand the evil of the world. This is a great post, you made me stop and think about how I am portraying my life to others. Do I just go about my day to day or has this changed me deep inside? I believe that it has, speaking for myself, changed my life. Just like any tragedy affects you in some way. It makes you hold your family more dear. Anyway, GREAT thoughts! I am praying.

Love you so much,
Sissy