I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

To my Mom and Dad

This post is to my mom and dad. They are great parents who have always tried their hardest to teach us right and to show us how much they love us. They have given us all the love they have all of our lives and it always showed. We always knew and know to this day that we have a safe haven to fall back on if we need to. They (and my inlaws) are the greatest parents I know and I hope that I am as great as these two sets of parents are.

The reason for this post is because 34 yrs ago today, my mom and dad welcomed a precious little girl into their lives that would wind everyone she met around her little finger and keep them there. She was their second child and was very loved by her older sister, who thought that she was just the greatest thing there was. They enjoyed every minute they had with her and still cherish those memories today. They didnt know that just four short years later she would be in heaven with Jesus. They lost her due to a tragic car accident in October of 1978.

Although my sister Julie and I never met this little girl, she has always stood out in our lives as a very special little girl. She had a purpose here on earth and she served it well. Alot of people have commented over the years about how it is sad that her life was so short. Its not sad at all to me. You see from all the stories I have heard, her life was lived to the fullest, she was a very outgoing, but shy little girl. She could make friends with anyone, but hid when Santa came around. In alot of the pictures we seen growing up, she was seen hiding behind a doorway or behind someones skirts. But yet, everyone that knew her or came across her has told of how sweet and loving she was. She was also very ownry. She had a little pin that she wore on her dress that said "The devil made me do it" . From what I have heard, it had to have been the devil because she couldnt have done it any other way. Just for instance, she once set the trash can on fire in mom and dads kitchen. She very innocently told mom how she done it, like she didnt see anything wrong with it. lol...I can imagine Alaina doing stuff like this. Actually, she has done stuff like this.

I know that my mom and dad have a tough time this time of year, and Iknow that My oldest sister always has a tough time with it. I know it has been tough over the years to join in the fourth of july festivities with her birthday right there with them and knowing the sadness in my mom and dad. But you know what, She would have wanted us to have fun.

So today, on what would have been her 34th birthday, I would like to say that I Love You to my mom and dad and my sisters. Sharon Louise, growing up as your sister has taught me the lesson to appreciate my kids and love them while I have them, because they may not be here tommorow...or ten minutes from now. But if they were gone tommorow, I would have all my memories....and I would know that I had appreciated them to the fullest. I wish I had gotten to know her but that was not in Gods wonderous plan. Instead, I have a three year old daughter that tons of people have told me especially here recently, that she acts just like Sharon did...and looks like her too. I always wanted to name my little girl Sharon if I ever had one. Instead, I have a little girl that is teaching me about love and patience all in the same life.

That deal with Sharon catching the trash on fire....Alaina has caught the trash on fire...only once...and she was utterly shocked at what she had done. And for you mom, what could I do but grab her and hug her...after I put the fire out of course. lol.

I love you mom and dad and thanks for being great parents.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I love you. Thanks for this. Going to call Mom now.

((((HUGS))))

JavaMama said...

Just wanted to stop in and say hi! I wish I had some time to visit with you. I pray that you have an awesome day!!

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli