I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Things I wanted to post about

I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to post about a couple of things. I just thought they were interesting.

First, my husband read my post about the Church not doing anything with the kids. He in turn gave a really good lesson Sunday on "If we want the Church to Grow." It got everyone who was there to hear it to thinking about what we dont do. He remembers growing up and visiting my home congregation that we had dinners almost every Sunday somewhere. I remember growing up and visiting his home congregation and always having activities for the kids.
Neither congregation does this anymore. Whether it is that our lives are too busy for the Church and we have become Sunday Morning Christians or what I dont know but I am determined to change it. I am going to start feeding our sheep as he put it in his lesson.

Second. After Church Sunday, we had to go out to the lake and finish up some work on a fence he put in out there. ( I know working on a Sunday isnt supposed to happen, but the rest of our day was all about relaxing and studying. We even got the girls to asking questions about the Bible. ) While out there I seen something interesting. Let me explain about my learning experience first.

Back in the fall, Paul had to do some work on the courtesy docks at the lake. Now me not growing up on the lake or around it, I had to ask what a courtesy dock was...He explained. For those of you who dont know, it is a dock that the boats pull up to and let someone out to go get the vehicle and trailer and they come and back down the unloading and loading ramp and pick up the boat. It is also where they pick up the person who went and parked the vehicle and trailer after they unloaded the boat. This is usually a two person job. One to drive the boat and one to drive the vehicle.

WEll Sunday, I witnessed it being done with a man and a (probably) 7 yr old boy. Assumming they were father and son. At first I thought that he was a crazy idiot to let his son stay on the boat while he went and parked the trailer. But then as I watched them, I realized that this man had spent enough time with the boy that he knew exactly what to do. It was really enlightning to see that some fathers still spend that much time with their kids. The Dad backed the boat down the unloading dock, unloaded it, went over to the courtesy dock, the boy guided the boat over to the courtesy dock and the dad tied it up (which you are not supposed to do) but he didnt really have a choice. Then the dad went and parked the trailer and ran ( and I mean ran) back down to the boat and untied it and got in.

I could not believe that this little boy was well trained enough not to try and take off or anything like that. He didnt mess with anything, he just sit there and waited on his dad.

How many of us could say that about our kids? Not mine, I left the kids in the car the other day while I went in the tag office (I killed the car and rolled windows down so that they wouldnt get too hot. but didnt roll them down very far because i didnt want anyone to be able to stick their hands in. ) Normally I would not do this, but Alaina was asleep and have you ever tried to carry a sleeping toddler, and infant seat with a 16lb baby and hold your other toddlers hand while juggling doors and paper work. I was only in about 5 min. and I parked right in front of the door and I could see them the whole time. Funny though. I looked out once and Kylie was out of her seat and messing with the radio buttons, (the station was switched when I got back in) i shook my head at her and she hurridly got back in her seat but was not buckled in by the time I got there. Just thought it was funny that My child cant even leave the radio alone I dont want to think what she would do with a boat...lol.....It would probably be in the middle of the lake by the time I got back.


I just thought that was interesting.

Love and Prayers

No comments: