I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Happy Birthday Jack!



I know I said this would get put on here yesterday but you know we got really busy with doing stuff with Birthday Boy.

Jack, my eldest. Even though I did not carry you for nine months and take care of you for the firt years of yoru life, you are my son. But you know that. You know that I love you like you are my own.

To watch you grow from that little kid who stood by and told his daddy that whereever I went you were going. To watch the little boy who was so fascinated with making weapons out of sticks, and racing through the yard with your homemade toys...all the store bought ones in pieces because you had to find out how they worked...and then didnt put them back together.

Watching you skateboard and ride your bike....but not just anybike, a trick bike..one that you could go airborne and jump and flip and all kinds of things that made my mommas heart stop.

I was there when you were baptized. I have got to watch you grow as a Christian. My heart cried and ached when you fell away.....but oh it rejoiced and sang when you came back. And just as usual, you didnt come back slowly, you took it by force and are now someone to be reckoned with. You defend your faith and you are so proud to be a Christian. You gave your first lesson at Church Sunday and if you seen tears in my eyes, it was because I couldnt have been prouder. You were awesome. I think someday you are going to be an excellent preacher....you have the ability to move people.

I have watched you grow from a boy who just wanted a girlfriend to say he had one, to caring so much for one girl that you want to spend the rest of your life with her. Even though I am not quite ready to turn you lose, you couldnt have let God give you a better girl. I will cry when I have to let you go, but I will be so glad because you have her and God.

So much like your daddy you are. You are so very passionate about your family and your jobs as part of the family. You take so much on your shoulders even when you dont have to. You are turning into such a wonderful man.

So now to quit being sappy because I know you dont like all the sappy stuff, Jus tknow that Your Dad and I Love You and I wish you all the best in your life. You have alot of dreams and I hope you get to live them. Thank You for being my Son.

Love You
Mom (Crystal)

3 comments:

Jules said...

Happy Birthday yesterday, Jack!! Sorry I didn't get to send you a card yesterday but Ihad computer problems. I did think of you, though. And, Uncle Charlie talked all evening of how you can't possibly be 18! =) We love you SO much & we are so proud that you belong to our family.

Well, enough mushies. Love you lots, Aunt Julie

Kelli said...

What a wonderful post! Happy Birthday, Jack!
~Kelli

Mommy said...

Awww! That is such a sweet tribute to your son. He is a handsome man too.

I just wanted to let you know that I changed the name of my homeschool blog for legal reasons. ;-)

you can now find it at:

http://www.atranquileducation.blogspot.com