I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Husband Encouragement Challenge

Have you ever thought about how many different ways that you tear your house down with your words? Actions? I finished up the book Biblical Womanhood the other night.....there was a chapter in it about how the foolish woman tears down her house..........I had never thought about how I tear down my house with my words. I know some of you are probably going to *gasp* at that but I never had. I was raised in a rebellious house so it never struck me as wrong to be sassy. I have gotten better over the last 6 yrs of marriage. My husband says that I am pretty submissive, and have really put a guard on my tongue.

But the book got me to thinking about what else I do that is foolish. I dont always just take what Paul says in front of people....sometimes I have to stick my opinion in there and make him feel little and not worth alot.

Then Sunday, Day 5 of the H.E.C. Was about this
Day Five:
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for
necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." Eph. 4:29


Yeah bad day for that! We had more words than I can think of. But when I got home and was reading Biblical Womanhood, I realized that I should have just shut my mouth. I was being very foolish.

Yesterday was better, Today is going good so far. I have been up both mornings this week to see him off to work which he really enjoys. He doesnt like leaving without someone to tell him bye!

Todays challenge.......
Day Seven:
"Do not overwork to be rich; because of your own understanding, cease!...for riches
certainly make themselves wings..." Prov. 23:4-5
"That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasuries."
Proverbs 8:21
Money is the root of much marital discord. Ask yourself, "Am I being negative toward my
husband in the area of finances?" Determine not to speak evil of your husband in this
area. Discover ways to encourage and help him instead..........


Thats just part of it..... But I am going to try really hard today, to not only build my house up, but to build my husband up! I dont want to be the foolish woman who tears her house down.......not only with words but with actions too.....

Oddly enough, I am also on Day 3 of the Power of a Praying Wife......guess what today is.. His Finances!

Share with me though, some ways that we can build up our homes and our husbands!!!! And how is yoru challenge going?

The getting up early, I'm getting there, I was lazy a couple of days, but mostly, I have been up at 6 or earlier.....this morning, my alarm was set for 5:30, Paul turned it off instead of snoozing it, and told me to go back to sleep, I tried I really did, but it seems like my body was ready to face the day, now if I could just do something about the circles around my eyes :0)........

1 comment:

Malisa @ Sanity in Small Doses said...

You know the saying actions speak louder than words? They really, truly do. Good luck with your husband challenge. I think it's always a good thing to be building up our husbands. Keep going...you're doing great!