I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Answered my own question

I posted a couple of weeks ago about how we as christian women are supposed to do what the Bible says about visiting the sick and elderly. I have since figured it out by some careful reading and studying and visiting with a couple of older ladies in the church.

We as women have a responsibility first to God. He is our first priority and in this we are supposed to do as he says. He tells us first to be wives and keepers at home (Titus 2). I have personally fought this one in the past because I felt I could contribute more to our household if I finished college and worked. I have since figured out that I am better serving HIM if I follow his commandment and stay home and manage my home and my children. I have started doing this by scheduling my time to better serve my household needs and my husband and still putting GOD first by scheduling HIM for first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I know it seems weird to have to schedule HIM into your day but when you werent taught (for lack of a better word and no offense to my mother honestly she probably did this and we never saw her) But until it becomes and everyday thing I have to be reminded to pay reverence to HIM. The rest of my day is scheduled to keep my house clean, my kids occupied and my husbands needs met. I of course come in the middle somewhere. (For right now.)

In answer to my question about seeing the sick and the elderly. I have to schedule it in there. God doesn't want me to give up a clean house or my christian duties to my family in order to visit. I have to put it in my schedule. Now of course if One of my sisters or brothers falls deathly ill in the middle of the week, i will drop my schedule for the day and go visit and pick up my schedule when i am no longer needed at the bedside of my brother or sister. But just ordinary visits can be made on my scheduled day. Which for me is going to be Tuesday's but only after I get the rest of my schedule working like it is supposed to.

I havent wrote this to offend anyone or to make anyone mad but only to maybe help those that are struggling with how to do everything that we are supposed to do. It is not that hard if you stop and study about what you are supposed to do first. I have been following my schedule as closely as I can excluding days that I hurt so bad I can't do anything. But as time gets closer for Jason to come I find I hurt less unless I do something really stupid. Now this means that i have had to delegate some of my chores to Paul on the weekends or in the evenings but only if he is available and has nothing else to do. He does not forgo what he has to do in order to do my bidding. If it doesnt get done oh well it will be there when I am able to do it. I have found that by scheduling my time, my house is a lot cleaner, my kids are happier when they are occupied and not just told to "go play" and I am also teaching them the art of Christian Homemaking. I get laughed at because I tell people that Kylie gets mad if I dont let her do laundry. She loves to take clothes out of the dryer and put them in as i hand them to her and to give me clothes for the washer. she also loves to fold washclothes and put them away. And she really does get mad if I dont let her help.

Right now my kiddos just woke up from nap so it is snack time and then time to really clean that kitchen......Kylie and Alaina both help with this one too...

1 comment:

Jules said...

Hey sis,

Good post today!Just what I needed. I am praying for Jamie and Sami Jo too. By the way, the crockpot enchiladas are on my menu for tomorrow night!

Love you,
Julie