I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Monday, February 11, 2008

The spirit of a special girl lives on.



I have often wrote about when we moved to be closer to my parents. I have never wrote about the doctor that we found when we lived there. Dr. Susan Averitt. She was a gem. Kylie had always screamed when we went to the doctor. She hated doctors. The first time I took her to see Dr. Averitt, she didnt scream. On the contrary, she laughed and smiled and gave Dr. Averitt a hug. I knew we had found the perfect doctor for our kids.

Fast forward a few months. Dr. Averitt wasnt available for an appointment one day. She was out on personal leave. When I asked the doctor that we seen where Dr. Averitt was and when she would be back. The news I recieved back made my heart brake into a million pieces. (We lived 1 hr away from our doctor so we hadnt heard the news)

Dr. Averitts little girl, Cameron Averitt Bobbitt had been killed. She had been hit by a car in the crosswalk of her school. While her mom held onto her two sisters. I will not try to tell the whole story as I wasnt there, I dont know. I just know that that day, a very wonderful person had her world shattered.

When Dr. Averitt came back to work, she was very professional and still very good with the kids. I hated to tell her that we were moving back to Northern Oklahoma. She in turn told me that they were moving to Northwest Arkansas to be closer to her family. I wanted so badly to take the girls to here even after we moved. But unfortunately, I cant. (Insurance reasons) I still however wonder how she is doing and how they have coped.

I came across a website while looking for books for the girls. http://www.cameronsamazingbooks.com/

Go read it for yourself. I wish I could donate lots and lots but unfortunately I am not that rich. I however know that a few people read my blog and however few you are, you have people that read your blog and maybe if the word gets around enough then we can help these wonderful people in their memory of their daughter.

I pray that this gets around and anyone who can will help.

Love and Prayers
Crystal

No comments: