I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Saturday, April 19, 2008

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge

I have not been posting about these because I have used the excuse that I dont have time. But I realized this morning that I need to make time to do this, I need to take the time to encourage my husband not only in person but on here because he reads this sometimes and if I post it on here, then maybe that will help him too.

My sister is doing this and she is on day 9 of the challenge so instead of posting the readings for the first 9 days, I am just going to post links to her site and to Revive our Hearts and then post my thoughts on each day.

Julie

Revive our Hearts

Day 1 Okay, I forgot to give my husband a wake up call! Usually in the morning, I am grouchy and just want him to go to work so I can have my quiet time. I need to work on this. I have told him that I am glad that he is my husband and that I am so happy that God put us together. But I do need to work on starting his day better because he does have a job that he doesnt like, and he does have rough days. So I will work on this.

Day 2----Paul is a handyman. He is a carpenter. He's not a mechanic. He is one of those people that helps everyone. He is so sweet and loving to our kids and I. He fixes things that are broke around here, he helped me get my garden tilled (when he was sick), he made sure that Jack helped me out when I was sick (because Paul had to work). He is a wonderful husband. Very helpful and very caring and always willing to give me a break....(which is sometimes very often.)
I Love him very much and cant say enough about how much he helps.

Day 3---Paul is very gentle and affectionate and loving. He does show me how much he loves me. He's not the type to say it a lot but he does show it. I have a bad habit of nagging and I need to quit. I really really do. Just this morning, he took Alaina with him to run errands because he knows that I need a break from her because she whines alot and so he took her. Now he didnt tell me "Honey I love you and know you need a break" but he instead said "Alaina, you want to go with Daddy?" He knew and he helped....

Day 4---I have to say that Paul doesnt know how much I appreciate him going to a job that he doesnt like everyday. He knows that we appreciate it but he doesnt know how much. He is great for doing this. When he is out of work, or when it looks like he wont have work for a couple of days, he finds more to do so we wont run short on money. He is very very resourceful.

Day 5-- I try to praise him in front of others...It is really hard around certain people though because they tend to run their husbands down instead of lift him up and it rubs off on me. I will try to do better though..I will do better. I will tell people what a good husband he is and what a good dad and provider he is. Because he is wonderful. In his lessons at Church, he is always lifting me up and praising me. I need to do the same things.....

Day 6---Paul is a very good carpenter and a very good speaker at Church. He is also very good at figuring out ways to help me organize and to do things withouth spending lots of time on them. He welds, quilts (yes....), cooks, sews, does laundry. He is an all around great husband! Someone I am very proud to be married to..

Day 7--Paul is actually alot better than me at handling our finances. He is great at laying out a monthly bill plan and telling me to follow it. Seriously. He doesnt have the time to actually pay the bills so I have the checkbook and I get the checks and he has a bill plan wrote out and I follow it. What is leftover (if anything) I tell him how much and we decide what to do with it. He is wonderful at helping me to see the light at the end of the tunnel. He helps me figure out how to get stuff that I otherwise dont think we have the money to get. He doesnt like to say no to any of us so we have to watch what we ask for.

Day 8--Faithfulness. Paul is very faithful to me, to our marriage. Not to say that we havent had our struggles. We have had our disagreements. Something that alot of people that arent family dont know is that Pauls first wife was unfaithful in their marriage. She hurt him deep. I am very fortunate to be married to a man who believes that when you marry someone, it is as God says and your body and heart become theirs. He would never be unfaithful to me. Never. He calls alot of girls sweetheart or dear or (just jokingly, girlfriend) and they all think I am very lucky to have such a loving and caring husband...And I think I am blessed. Highly Blessed.

Day 9---Ummmmm. I dont do very well at listening. I often find myself drifting off in thought when he tells me something. And I tend to have the mindset (subconciously) that if I cant be involved in it physically or have a say so in it, then I really dont want to listen to him talk about it. I shouldnt be that way, I ought to be open to all he says and really listen to him and show interest in what he talks about. I would probably learn alot if I would just listen to him. I will work on this.

Please if you havent already joined, do. Just going through the last nine days, I have learned so much. Now if I can just put what I have learned into action, My marriage would truly be blessed.

Go to Revive Our Hearts and look around. Youll be very blessed at what you read there.

Wondering in His Word
Crystal

2 comments:

Jules said...

LOVE this, you have learned SO Much, ME TOO!!! I am so glad that Paul took Alaina with him, it helps doesn't it? And, I bet she LOVED it! :o)

~Love, Sis

javamamma said...

Cool challenge. We all need to be better at loving on our husbands and giving encouragement is something we often aren't intentional about.