I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Monday, April 21, 2008

Day 11 Husband Encouragement Challenge

Day 11: Husband Encouragement Challenge!

"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord." Eph. 5:22


Women who are constantly negative toward their husbands—especially by speaking evil of them to others—show great disrespect. Determine not to do that today (or ever!). This challenge to encourage is closely connected to submission.

Men respond to women who respect them. What do you respect about your husband? Part of that respect includes submission to his authority. Let your husband know how respecting him makes it easier to submit to his leadership. Show your respect in public by listening to him and smiling at him when he speaks. Place your hand in his as you walk together.

If you feel there is nothing to respect, search harder . . . nearly every man has some core characteristic that can be nurtured and respected. In any case, you must still cultivate a submissive spirit to his position of leadership . . ."as to the Lord."

****This is an area that I have been having to work on alot. I was not raised being submissive....Our motto was "Can you spell REBEL?" Really it was. We were raised that if you didnt like the decision that your husband made, you told him about it and you kept on until he changed his mind. I do respect Paul. I am having to try and remind myself to keep my mouth shut and let him decide and if he wants my opinion he will ask. I dont interfere when he is talking to someone in public, if I believe that he said something wrong, I wait and try to ask him about it later. I dont just blurt out (in private or other wise) "Hey, thats not what its supposed to be.." We both made a deal when Kylie was little that we would never put down the others authority in front of the kids. Due to stress and alot of other factors in life, we have forgotten this but we are trying to get back to it. I do believe that us not playing good guy-bad guy in front of the kids helps. You can tell when we do it. They get confused and dont know who to listen to. This is not teaching my girls to respect their husband either. Its a daily struggle that is getting easier but I do want Paul to know that I respect him and love him and honor him. I do want to be a submissive wife and I want my kids to grow up knowing what that is so that they may be submissive wives. ******

1 comment:

Jules said...

EXACTLY, sis! I love how you put it! :o)

~Love ya,
Sissy