I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Monday, April 28, 2008

Husband Encouragement Challenge

I am going to try to catch up on my Husband Encouragement post. I may not get through though because my computer time is almost up.

DAY 12

"With all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love." Eph. 4:2
Part of the difficulty you may face as you continue in this 30-day challenge to encourage your husband is that you really are struggling to find positive things to praise. Perhaps the problem is not with your husband. Have you checked your own heart?

Sometimes we get disillusioned because of our own unreasonable or unrealistic expectations (Prov. 13:12). It may not be that our mates are doing something wrong; it's simply that we expect too much in some areas. Our expectations must be met in God alone, and then we will have the right perspective to ask God for the healing and grace we need to respond to others.
How sad that we give more grace to others than to those in our own homes. Today, try to look at your husband through eyes of grace. Verbally thank your husband for what he is already doing.


Needless to say, we did not have a good weekend. I was grouchy and didnt make it easy on Paul. I need to be more appreciative and let him know that he is doing good and that I can see everything that he already does. I mean, he works hard for us and he is always trying to come up with something that will make extra money. He comes home and plays with the kids and does extra jobs. I need to verbally thank him though.


Day 13
"I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me." Song of Solomon 7:10

The sexual relationship. It's one of those elements—along with money and children—that can derail a marriage through negative comments. Negativity destroys intimacy, but encouragement builds and strengthens the marriage bond.
Let's get practical here. Is your husband a "good lover"? Have you told him so? Be specific. Let him know when he pleases you. Most husbands genuinely want to please their wives, especially in this important area of marriage.
In moments of intimacy, do you find your mind wandering? This can change as you focus on something wonderful about your husband. Realize that your husband wants intimacy with you . . . his desire is toward you.
Does this area of your marriage need some work? Remember that this is a sensitive area for men. Be sure to encourage his lovemaking and masculinity in positive ways.


Suffice it to say, We are doing good in this area right now. Nough Said!

Day 14
"The righteous man walks in his integrity . . ." Prov. 20:7a
Every week there are news reports about men who gave in to temptations and compromised what they said they believed. We hear countless reports about dishonest business dealings, hidden infidelity, and hypocritical leaders. It's so easy to focus on these things and ignore those who are being honest, faithful and genuine. As you continue in the "30-Day Encouragement Challenge," determine to look for ways that your husband stands against the culture.

Is your spouse a man of integrity? Is he fair in his dealings with people? Does he understand the meaning of justice? Is he honest in business? Unhypocritical in his faith? Consider all the ways a man can live in integrity, and praise your husband for one of them. As you have the opportunity—as it is appropriate—share examples of your husband's honesty and integrity with others.

Paul is a very honest person. I dont know one person that can say that he has lied to them. He is very strong in his faith. He loves to spread the Word around to all he can get to listen. He encourages me to have more faith and to try to be more of a righteous person. Thank You Honey for all your encouragement and helpfulness in my areas that are still kinda hazy. Thank you for helping me to see my way through.....and for being an example that I will be proud to have our kids follow.

And that is all I have time for. My kiddos are waking up and the sun is rising. Time to Give my day to God and start anew. Each day is a new day...a new day to start over and forgive the things of yesterday.

A prayer request though. My dear friend Kristy at Church, has found out that her uterus is enlarged about 13-14% and she has uterine fibroids. They are going to try some hormone therapy but if that dont work, they may have to take her uterus out. Please pray that God will put his healing hands upon her and will heal her or that if that not be his will, to give her the strength to make it through. She is married and has three kids...(not really wanting more but still its the thought that if they take out her uterus, then she can never have more if she wanted to. ) So please pray I know prayer works.

In His Will
Crystal

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Crystal! It's so great to see you doing this husband challenge! I did something like this last year and it should be a daily occurence, not yearly one!

Just wanted to let you know that the "Gifts list" came from Ann at Holy Experience. She has a wonderfully inspiring place and has been doing her 1000 gifts list for over a year. I'm finally jumping on the bandwagon!

Thanks for visiting!

Jules said...

I am enjoying reading what you are learning! I get so much encouragement from you. You are doing a great job, sis. You are a good wife.

Praying for Kristy, that is sad. :o(

Love,
Sis

JavaMama said...

What a blessing it is to hear your determination to glorfiy God through encouraging your husband.He sounds like a great man and he is blessed to have such a wonderful wife who evidently loves him so much. I am going to begin a new 30 day HEC today, the first of May. I am excited and pray God will give me the energy and the grace to be diligent in it.

Keep it up Crystal!

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli