I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Monday, February 02, 2009

Husband Encouragement Challenge!

I am so excited. And yes, I know this is a day late but I have good excuses and I was doing it yesterday.....I just didnt have any power to post. Our power has been going on and off for the last three days...... Anyway.

My good blogging friend Kelli is hosting the "30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge" I have done this before and I loved it. Every time I do it, I can tell a difference in our marriage and my husband but most importantly in myelf...I am not the nagging, unattentive wife that I tend to lapse into. I have joked that I need to do this every day, like a "365 day husband encouragement challenge". But honestly, I need to have to desire to do this. "The Love Dare" is helping me alot in this area. But that is for another post.

If you want to follow along, you can go to Kelli's Blog and follow with her, or you can go to This directly and do it anytime. I will not neccesarily be posting every day, just as time permits but I will be following along with Kelli.

DAY ONE!
"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does
him good and not evil all the days of her life." Prov. 31:11-12

To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for "choosing you" above
all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though
many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that
you are glad God led you together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest
of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner

And Just because I am behind a day in posting......

DAY TWO!
"...through love serve one another." Gal. 5:13b

Today, find some way that your husband is serving you or your family. Does he help
around the house? Take care of the car? Fix things that are broken? If your budget
allows, give him a new, small tool with a big bow attached. But make sure he doesn't
think it's part of a "Honey Do" list!

I did let me husband know that I love hime for choosing me. I cant believe that he would pick me out of how many other women. But I am so glad he did.

Today, I know my husband is serving our family. I told him this this morning and again when I talked to him on the phone a little bit ago. He is working today with pneumonia....bad pneumonia. But he does it so we dont have to worry about money and so we dont have to struggle. Yes he is going to the doctor today ( I finally got him in). But the thing is he doesnt have to work today, we are doing okay enough that he could have took the day off.....but he had people counting on him and he knows that we count on the extra money to get to do cool stuff with the kids....like go see cousins and friends. And he has helped so much around here....he always does, but this week has been especially rough....(long story for another post....) but he has kept our generator going so that we have power for our fridge so we dont lose food, he has kept lanterns lit so I dont have to worry about it. He watched the kids so I could go grocery shopping by myself, and he went with me to get some groceries because I wasnt feeling real good. He also helped with supper most nights the week before because of my illness. So yes he helps alot, and yes I have told him I appreciate him, and let him know that he is very loved.

I hope you can join in and bless your husband and yourself in this.

Blessings

Crystal


1 comment:

Jules said...

I am not blogging this week but I had to comment on yours! :) You are doing a GREAT job and I love you! Keep doing what you are doing and always trying to improve. You inspire me!

Love you SO much!
Sissy