I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

HAPPY 1st JASON






All right I know I am late in posting my birthday wishes to my son. But I just really really dont want to deal with the fact that he turned 1! Yes Yes he is officially 1 Has been for 5 days now and I still dont want to admit it. But sadly I have too. But before I get going on how sweet he is, I have updates on my house....I finally got alot of my spring cleaning done!!! Hurray! Thats why I havent been blogging alot. Jack and I scheduled a day and rolled up our sleeves, put the girls at the table with crayons and coloring books (until we moved the table..) and Jason was trapped in his playpen for a whole day....no kidding, my niece came over with her kids about 3:30 and was going to visit but said she would come back at another time..lol. We got the Living Room, Dining Room, Office, Girls Bedroom and their bathroom completely cleaned and moved around. I also got alot of paper work caught up on and got the girls clothes gone through. It feels so much nicer in here now and since it is clean, it wont be hard to keep clean and we are week ahead on our zone cleaning so we dont have to worry about keeping up this week, we can relax after our long day of cleaning. THANK YOU JACK!






Now on to my birthday boy! I cant believe my last baby is 1. Its just unreal. This time last year, (almost exactly) I was so scared because you were sick. You had Jaundice and gave us quite a scare with it. But considering we werent even supposed to have you, I was thinking God for getting you here safe and sound. See, we were through having babies after Alaina. Your daddy thought he was too old to have anymore and I honestly didnt think my body could take one more pregnancy. It doesnt take the extra weight and hormones too well. But God decided that I could handle one more baby and that your daddy wasnt too old to have more. He decided we needed you. And from the day I found out I was pregnant with you I rejoiced. I thanked God for one more. One more chance to be a mother and one more chance to have a little boy of my own. You were our "uh-oh" but you were the best uh oh we could have.




When you were born, it was a very bittersweet moment. It was joyous because we had another precious bundle to love and care for and we had a little boy! But it was sad because I knew that I would never go through that again (not by my choice anyway). I wanted to treasure you and keep you little forever. But alas, I am having to let you grow up. I am having to let my little uh oh become a big uh oh. And ironically, one of your first words was uh oh.




Over the past year, you have went from being mommas big snuggler to my little roamer. You love to roam all over the house now and see what you can find. You are always getting something you arent supposed to have and saying"uh-oh" cause you know you arent supposed to have it. But even though you are such a big boy now, you still like Momma to hold you when you go to bed. Our little night time routine is so precious to me. And the way you like to wake daddy up when he gets to sleep in is so cute. You look over the edge of your bed and say uh-oh..and up up. And if that dont work, you scream DA DA!

Youve always been a smiler, since day one you have smiled. Not much makes you upset and that is good. I dont know if I could take much more upset in this house. I've always told everyone you are a good baby, and you are. The only time you get fussy is when you are hungry or really really sleepy.

I know we will miss your little years and always wonder where they went, but I cant wait to see what kind of man you grow up to be. I really think you will be a sweetie.

Following is a slide show.....I could not get photo bucket to load it on this post. Sorry!


4 comments:

javamamma said...

What a sweetie! Happy Birthday to him!

Malisa @ Sanity in Small Doses said...

Happy Birthday Jason!! They just grow up too fast, huh?!

Misty said...

He is so cute, i can't believe he is already 1. I would love to see him someday (hint hint). I love the picture slide show. Your kids are so cute.

Jules said...

He is getting SO big and Aunt Julie misses him SO much!!!! He is the best snuggler, ever! Wow, he smiles just like Lily!!! love you sis, give Jase big hugs for me and Uncle Charlie and Claire and Lily and cousin Claire says, "oh, he is getting so cute!" haha.

love you! Thanks for the birthday card!

Sissy