I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Monday, March 24, 2008

Catching Up

I am sorry that I have been absent lately. I have been really super busy. Like I said in my last post, this is a very busy time in our lives.

I do have another Birthday Wish though...Happy Birthday to my sister Tammy! I know I am late posting it but hey, I sent her a card and I have good excuses for being late....lol.
I have several prayer request.. 1. Please pray for Micah and Michayla. From what I understand they are sick and Micah is taking breathing treatments. They are some very cute kids.. 2..Please pray for my friend Misty. She has been having some pains in her back and chest and is not sure what it is. The doctors cant find anything. Please pray that she gets better soon.
3. Please pray for my husband. He has been sick since Friday. I took him to the ER Sunday (story to come) and they said it was just a really bad sinus infection and bronchitis. I have never seen him this sick though. Not even when he had pneumonia. He is just not bouncing back. He missed Church yesterday and work today and possibly will miss tommorow. He just doesnt miss Church at all...and almost the same with work. But he missed both so I know he has to be feeling baddddd...
Our Easter Sunday was not what I had planned or expected but maybe God is trying to tell me to slow down and be more flexible. It started out like I said Friday with Paul coming home sick and just kept getting worse. Saturday I was worried about him and trying to get everything ready for Church Sunday. I had lots of laundry to catch up on from our busy week last week and my kids werent cooperating. Then they missed their nap because right in the middle of nap time was their cousins birthday party. So Jack took them to it while I stayed home and took care of Paul and Jason took part of his nap. He got woke up by some very loud neighbors and was then cranky. When Jack and the girls got home, I then had them lay down and very quietly read some books and put Jason back down to finish his nap. Then I put a brisket in the oven for Sunday dinner and made deviled eggs. After supper Saturday, the girls got their bath and we rolled their hair on sponge rollers (they love this and it used to be an every saturday night thing.) and they went to bed.

Sunday Morning, Paul was still not feeling good and Kylie got up with a fever and her head hurting....So I gave her some tylenol, figuring she would stay home with Daddy and then I decided to stay home with them and let Jack take Alaina to church..but Kylie started crying and wanting to go to Church and so we got her dressed and we all (minus paul) went to Church.......After Kylie took a nap during Church she was fine. I think she just needed sleep. She runs a fever when she is too tired. She had a little bit of a fever later on in the evening but she took another nap with Daddy and was okay again. Here are some pics of my dressed up babies..
Alaina, She looks so much like my granny in the top picture and in the bottom one, well, she looks like the goofy, your gonna love me whether you want to or not little girl that she is. She is a mess. That is for sure.


My movie star. She is so photogenic most of the time. And she loves posing for pictures...all you have to do is get the camera out and she is posing....now Alaina, she wants to see how it works..not be in front of it...lol.


I dont have any of Jason or Jack. Do you know how hard it is to get pictures of a 1 yr old and a 17 yr old?

Anyway, we didnt stay and hunt eggs or anything after church, we came home and I took paul to the ER while my mother in law watched the kids. (THANK YOU GRANNY AND PAPA) They got to hunt eggs with their cousins while they were there though so I think they had fun. (THANK YOU MIRANDA AND KK AND AUNT DUCKY!)

Today, while my husband was taking a nap, Jack and I got the garden started. We are starting brand new here at our house so we are having to turn it over with shovels before we till it. It is just too hard to til unless we do. So tonight we are awfully sore and tired. I will try to take some pictures tommorow if we do it and post them. We are also starting our own worm farm. I will try to post a link later but a cute story........

Jack and I would find worms as we were digging and we would tell Kylie. She would then put a glove on and very excitedly, run over and hold her gloved hand out so we could put the worm on it. Then she would very carefully so as not to drop it, go over to the bucket and drop it in. She done this several times. One time, we were watching her carry it over and she got to the bucket and dropped it in but instead of dropping the glove and going off to play, she leans over the bucket and says in a very sing song voice.." There you go, now you have all those nice friends to play with..." It was so cute and so Kylie. For those of you that know Kylie personally, you can imagine this. She was adorable. And so now we have about 20 or 30 "friends" in a bucket with dirt awaiting transplant to our worm farm...Very small scale (for our own use) worm farm. The kids think it is cool though.

For now, I am going to head to bed, since I have to get up early in the morning and grad Jacks school work. But Love and Prayers to everyone!

Crystal

4 comments:

Jules said...

Love the dresses & hats! Their hair is so adorable. Laina does look just like Granny in that picture, especially with the hat and that expression! I have to show Mama today, she will die!!! haha. Kylie's worms will be very social. lol. Thanks for the laugh this morning, I needed that.

praying for ya'll.

Love you, Sis

Misty said...

I love the pictures of the girls, they look so beautiful and sophisticated.

javamamma said...

Pretty girls! Hope you had a nice Easter weekend.

Anonymous said...

This is a good resource for worm farms...

http://compostingwormbins.com/