I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Monday, August 18, 2008

Blogging Break!

I have decided that I need a break. I have lots of projects to do....some aprons to make, dishtowels to crochet, a hat to knit (kylies christmas present..if I can get it to turn out right...). I have a quilting machine to get busy using, hunting stuff to get ready..( I know a little early but this weather is making me ready for fall...)

I need to start taking pictures with my new camera (which I got for half price..which was exactly the amount I had saved for one.. :) ) so I can get better at it and hopefully take good enough ones to sell and make some extra money...

And I have a nephew coming pretty soon that I want to be ready to go see. I want my house to be ready when they call to say he is on his way so that I can just load the kids up in the car and take off. It is a 2 hour drive from here to the hospital where she will have him and I havent missed being there for one of hers yet. I was three weeks away from having Alaina when she had Claire and Jason was two months old when she had Lily. I wouldnt miss this one for the world....as long as its Gods will that I be there. But I am going to do everything I can to be there.

And I have several Birthdays this month so I am going to be quite busy. Pauls is the 24th, Kylie's is the 27th, A friend of ours is the 26th, I know someones is the 22nd, I just cant remember who right now..lol. We had a birthday at Church the other day and the 29th is another friend of ours. Plus with Julies little boy due during this time.. And we have an archery shoot at a friends house this month also...just a bunch of friends getting together to shoot bows but fun anyway....

I also need to get curriculum ordered and plans put into place. We will not be starting this month but I would like to have it ready.

And Paul has several extra jobs lined up to do to make up for not working...( he is such a wonderful provider for our family.) God is so good to give me such a wonderful Husband and my kids such a Wonderful Daddy.

For those of you that read my sisters blog, our dad did have a surgery done on Friday to clean out some blockages in his leg. They found a baseball size blockage in his leg and a lesion in the other leg. He was in surgery for 2.5 hours and then in CICU for 8 hours (they put him there to watch him for complications....) Paul and I went up to be with Mom during the surgery. My sister Tammy and her husband and two of their kids were there (Thank you Tammy and George and Sarah and Rose for being there to help with my kids and for staying with Momma....) Also one of our aunts and her husband was there...(Thank you Aunt Emma Lou and Uncle Lester.....for everything). Julie wasnt able to make it...it is a four hour drive for them and mom and dad and tammy and george and a three hour drive for us from a different direction. We didnt want to risk Julie going into Labor.....speaking of which...Thank You to Jesse and Michael for watching over Aunt Julie while everyone was gone...(they were quite scared that she was going to have to be taken to the hospital and they were the only ones home to do it...they are 18 and 19 .....just imagine...lol) But anyway, Dad came through okay. It is just scary to see your childhood (and still sometimes ) hero...in that predicament. He is supposed to be strong and able to scare the monsters away and for him to be hooked up to machines and pretty much helpless.....its tough. I know it is just life and I know that it happens and it is just the way life goes...but like I told Paul. That's my daddy, hes not supposed to get sick....hes just not. He's always been strong....

And yes, Pauls mom did have a heart attack last month. I know Julie posted about it on her blog. I have just been so busy and she is okay. Nothing like her stroke in February. She has been undergoing test and stuff to make sure everything is okay. But thank you all for your prayers. She is one special lady...like I have said before. I have been blessed in this life with many sets of parents and grandparents. My inlaws are more like my parents than my inlaws.

Please keep Julie in your prayers that she may have a safe delivery and a healthy baby. Please keep my dad in your prayers that he may continue to recover. Please pray for my mommy(inlaw) that she may not have any more heart attacks or strokes and that she may regain her strength and health. Please pray for me that when Julie does have her baby that if it be Gods will that I may be able to be there with her. And please pray that He continues to bless Paul with the extra jobs he has.

Also a special prayer request. I have a friend from Church (I think I have posted on here about her before) Her husband has been stationed in Japan for the last two years. They found out earlier this year that their two year old little boy is autistic. They have been restationed to Missouri. They are able to get better help for their little boy stateside than over there. They are also now only 5 hours from family instead of overseas. Please pray that the move goes smoothly for them and that their little boy adjust well and that they are able to get the help he needs over here. They are a very sweet Godly family and I'm sure would appreciate all the prayers they can get. I for one cant imagine what they are dealing with.....I know God only gives us what we can handle...but I dont know if I would have the strength to handle alot of things He gives to others....But please keep this family in your prayers. I am so glad to have them back stateside and to be renewing my friendship with them. I cant tell you how much I have missed them in the past few years.

I will probably not be back until September at least. I will try to post pics of Julies baby when it is born and I will probably post pics for Kylies birthday but other than that...I will be busy as you can tell...

Prayers, Blessings and Christian Love to all....
Crystal

1 comment:

Jules said...

Love you Sis and thanks for praying for me! =) you know that I need it! lol.

Miss you & see you soon!