I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday

Note: please read note at bottom too.....



What can I say, It was a Sunday is a Sunday and I dont feel very religious right now. I found out today that most of my friends from Church are going to try and move to the town where their relatives live. Mostly for the money and partly because they found this Great Church down there. My question is what makes a Church great? My husband says it is mostly because they have a great leader. Okay I'll admit we dont have any great leaders around here in our churches. most of them just sit back and dont do anything AND THEN THEY WONDER WHY EVERYBODY LEAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Most of the reason that we go to Church where we do is because my husband is allowed to preach. See most Churches have this thing that he cant preach because he has been divorced and remarried. BIG DEAL....Yes I know that the Bible tells us not to put away our spouses, but he didnt put his away, she left him and took his son and he didnt see him for three months and she filed for divorce. So YOU TELL ME WHERE HE IS WRONG!!!!!! She put him away not the other way around.



Also we go there because at the Church that we previously attended, they had a big blow up because I wore pants to Church one sunday when I was pregnant with my second child. No one knew that I was pregnant yet but I plain did not feel like wearing a dress that day. They were not Jeans, they were nice dress pants and a nice shirt. They threw a fit. I personally believe that if you are going to wear a dress on Sunday and that that is your best, then you had better wear your best the rest of the week and wear dresses because Christ never said he would come back on Sunday and arent we supposed to be Christians every day of the week. I believe so. If I am wearing pants during the week but i change myself and my appearance to go to Church on Sunday and get all fixed up so people can see how nice I look then I AM GOING TO CHURCH FOR THE WRONG REASONS.....



But anyway, the realatives that these people are moving closer to, are the ones that started the Church that we attend now and they moved away and left it. When they left, there was another family attending that did not completely agree with myhusband preaching. The Sunday after they left, there was no one else to preach and so my husband preached. The other family left because of this. If they did not like it they should have spoke up then and The man in that family could have started preaching that day. but nope, they just left. Well now more people are leaving to go to this GREAT CHURCH.



I dont know what to do. I have tried in the past to get kids activities going and to have dinners and get stuff going to have more fellowship. Nothing happens. They say they want to but then when you suggest it nothing happens.



I am so frustrated right now. Come on MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST.....You wonder why our branch of the Church of Christ is constantly downsizing in members and why we dont get anybody new and why the kids grow up and go away. OPEN YOUR EYES......If you dont do stuff to keep them in and interested , if they have to turn to the world or to other religions to get activites then we arent doing our jobs as CHRISTIANS........And further more if you hear sombody say that they arent getting anything out of Church, it probably mostly is because they are not putting their hearts into it. Yes the activities help but you have to put your heart into it. If your heart wants to be somewhere else because you think it would be better than what you got, then chances are you are not going to get anything out of Church. SO dont give me that i'm just not getting any thing line. And dont tell me what this other Church has that we dont, If we did the same things but your heart wasnt in it, then you still wouldnt get anything. So lets all as Christians PUT SOME HEART INTO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see where we get withh that and then tell me that you dont get anything.......



Love and prayers.



NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont mean anything bad towards anyone about this, this is just how I feel and some truth about what we asChristians, Gods Children need to do to keep our Church strong. If I hurt Anyones Feelings, I am soory and I am apologizing ahead of time But if I hurtyour feelings, then you are probably one of those that needs to put some heart into it.....



1 comment:

Jules said...

So True!!!!! I am so guilty of this and so tired of pushing people to have some feeling, some spirit, something besides complaining. Anyway, I am sorry all that is going on. I know that it is very hard to deal with. I love you. Hey, by the way, I got a new car! So, maybe I can come see you now! (I am trying to not be to excited about the car but I can't help it, I AM!) Love you, Julie