I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Apreciative Husband

Okay, Everyone knows I went to see my family for a week when my sister had her baby. Well I think it made Paul think a little. Or else he just missed me like crazy. Sunday at Church his lesson was on Submissive wives (he actually complimented me on this one.) Loving husbands (he said he needed to work on this one I say he is great) and how much Christ loved the Church. He started out talking about how him and I have been working on having a more spiritual relationship and a more biblically correct one. No I dont mean that we arent married or that we do anything that we arent supposed to. Just that we have been working on our roles in the marriage according to what God commanded us to do. I have been working on being more submissive. Something that is really hard for me because I was raised being rebellious (no offense to my mom but that is another post I might do that later today.) I was not taught how to be submissive in certain matters. Anyway so I am having to study and learn how in order to have a biblically correct marriage. this is very important to me because I want to do what God commanded me to do.

Paul is supposed to love me as Christ loved the Church. He claims that he needs work in this area. I say he doesnt because he is a great husband. Sure we have our arguments, but their is nothing he would not do for me. He has even lightened up on how clean the house is. He used to say he wanted it spotless and now he realizes that with three kids and a home business it is not ever going to be spotless. (well maybe when the kids get old enough that they are not constantly making messes) but anyway, he was talking about how he needs to be more of my helpmeet. I thought I was supposed to be his helpmeet.

It got me to thinking that I dont really appreciate all that he does. It also made me realize that he does appreciate what i do in our relationship. He says he doesnt appreciate it enough. I sometimes feel like he doesnt. But anyway, do we as wives really look at what our husbands do and really appreciate the hard work that they do to bring home the money for our food and clothes and our wants. I know sometime I dont. Every two weeks when it comes time for that check, I figure up bills and groceries(yes Paul can trust me with his house (money included because i do not overspend.) all i can think about is there isnt enough money to do everything that we need to do. I dont ever stop and tell God thank you for my husband having a job and being able to pay the bills and buy groceries. I whine about what i cant do. That is not very appreciative.

I have often heard out of alot of women that their husbands do not do anything but sit in a chair and watch tv. Well.... to those women.....have you stopped to think about how much work he has done over the years. Or what circumstances in his life have led up to him just wanting to sit there. My dad for example sits in his chair alot. he has depression and post traumatic stress disorder (not fun). He gets a disability check from the VA because he was in the service in Vietnam ( reason for the ptsd.) It used to bug me as a teen ager that my dad was like this. He worked alot more when I was a teen ager but he still sat in that chair alot. I often thought that he didn't do anything. I never stopped to realize that he has done plenty. he went to the service, he has worked hard all his life providing for his family. even when he could no longer drive a truck to provide, his brain came up with the idea of building cattle equipment to provide so he started that business. He has always provided for our family. We have always known that if we needed anything all we had to do was ask. But yet we accuse him of not doing anything.
HAHAHAHAH....He has done his part. It is his time to rest. His diablility check now provides for him and my mom. If he hadnt done something, they would not get that. So HE HAS DONE PLENTY.

If my husband wanted to quit his job tommorow and try and find something else, I would not complain. If he got hurt tommorow and could not work, I would not say that he never does anything because he has done plenty. he has provided for his family and if he was not physically able to work, his brain would come up with something to make money.

I just do not feel like we appreciate our husbands enough. This is part of being submissive and loving to our husbands. Because if we dont appreciate them then we do not completeyly love them and we cannot be completely submissive to them.

I know my husband has a new appreciation for how much I do because while I was gone, he had to do some of the paper work, go to work everyday, go to class two nights a week and get ready for the weekend where he set up his T-shirt booth. Yes he used to do all this (minus class) before we got married, but he hasnt had to do it all in a while and he usually has me to help him get ready for shows. It wasnt fun he said. He missed me. lol..........But his lesson at Church Sunday told me just how much he does appreciate me and how much he loves me. I was in tears in the middle of Church. And he says he isnt the best husband he can be..........we will have to see about that.

Love and Prayers
Crystal

No comments: