I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLIE









I know this is a day late but seeing as yesterday was so hectic. Four years ago, I was anxiously awaiting the birth of my very first baby. I was so excited. I had everything ready, down to my plan for what I was going to do when I went into labor. You surprised me. Your due date was September 7th-16th. the ultra sound said one thing, the doctor said another. Your Daddy was working for his self at the time much like he always has but he was at a point where he didnt have to work for a couple of weeks, so he decided to stay home and wait with me because I had been having alot of pains. It was a Wednesday morning. We had decided the day before that Daddy was going to go back to work that morning but we stayed up late watching movies and eating popcorn and pickles....yuck.. Anyway, about 8:30 we woke up and Daddy was getting ready to go to work and my water broke. There went my plan out the window. I had no idea what to do. My mom was four hours away, Your daddys mom was still asleep (love ya mom) and I was scared. Every one said that when your water broke you were in active labor....hmmmm. Anyway, we were surprised at the hospital because your aunt ducky was there waiting for us and your granny wilma was on her way. She sat with me until they made her leave when you were born. she did not leave my side once. I missed that with Alaina and Jason.

You took your sweet time getting here and after ward, I was so happy and so relieved that you were okay. You had such a sweet face and such a stubborn attitude. You were nothing like I expected. You screamed everytime someone put you down and you refused to cooperate with anything. But I still loved you. I still love you today, four years later you are just as stubborn and just as uncooperative. You push me to my limits and then push them further. And still I love you. Through all the stubbornness and the pushing, you light up my life with your love and laughter. You can find humor in anything but at the same time, when something is sad, you are very serious and very comforting.

I prayed before you were born that I could raise kids that would obey the Gospel and stay in Church and be Christians. I see and hear everyday when you remind me of things that God would not like or God would like that I am doing that. You are a very wonderful blessing and you are one of the lights of mine and your daddys life. I am so glad God gave you to me and that you threw my perfect plan out the window. It has been an adventure and a joy and I am sure it will be for years to come if God sees fit. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

I know we dont always get along but you know what, it is because we are so much alike. bot stubborn, rebellous, and ownry. But we are also full of love and compassion.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

6 comments:

Jules said...

So glad Kylie is better! I will try to send her an e-card and let Claire help me. I was going to yesterday but didn't think ya'll would be on the computer since she was sick. You made me cry about Wilma. I miss her so much. That woman WAS a Christian! She could serve like you wouldn't believe and when she loved you, she would do anything for you! I am still crying. Love you, Sis

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

4 years old?! Oh wow! My little girl will be celebrating three years in November. I hope your daughter had a wonderful day. Happy Birthday!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Kylie! Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday.

Thanks so much for the award. It means a lot to me that you thought of me. Hope everything is going well!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kylie. How sad that she was sick on her birthday. I can't believe she's already 4. In three months William will be 5 and that doesn't seem right either. They grow up way too fast.

Dana Leeds said...

Happy Birthday to Kylie! This is the first posting I've read of yours, and you've started me off by crying. :-) Isn't it "funny" how we can have perfect plans... but then, we're not in charge, are we?

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story.

Malisa @ Sanity in Small Doses said...

That is so sweet, Crystal! Kylie, happy belated birthday. I love the photo of her... too cute.