I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Day 10 Husband Encouragment

Day 10: Husband Encouragement Challenge!



We all crave appreciation. We want to know that we are valued and loved. Early love letters probably reflected our admiration, but if we're not careful, our spouse will forget why we were drawn to him. If you still have any of your old love letters, re-read them for clues to deepen your current level of appreciation for your spouse. When we spend time criticizing our husbands, we lose time that could be spent admiring them. As you consider various ways to encourage your husband, ask, "How can I admire him?"


Does your husband know that you think he is attractive? What was one of the characteristics in your husband that first drew you to him? Was it a physical characteristic, or something else?
Was it his gentle, compassionate eyes? Kindness or concern for others? An easy-going confidence? A steadiness that comes from trusting in the Lord? Strength of character in a culture that lacks integrity? Do you see at least a glimpse of that characteristic in him today? Whatever it is, tell him!




*****Honestly, I cant remember exactly what it was that drew me to Paul. I know that sounds bad but I cant. As I have said on here before, I had given my life to God and decided that if He wanted me to have someone, then they would come. I had known Paul all my life and he was one of those guys that everytime you saw him, you got a smile and a big hug. When we were both at Church Camp, I found myself falling in love with him and thinking that I couldnt do that because I didnt want a boyfriend...well apparently, God didnt want me to have a boyfriend, he wanted me to have a husband because six months later we were married. I love Paul more today than I did when we married and in different ways. I am sure all of you who read this and have been married for any number of years will know what I mean. It is a more Godly love today than it was 5 years ago. Things I love about him. I love how when he calls, he always says "Hello my Love" or "Hello my sweetheart bear" (Always when he calls my phone he says this,,,ask my sisters, they have answered my phone before...lol. ) When he comes through the door in the evenings, no matter how bad a day he has, he always smiles for his babies. I love is smile more today, especially when it spreads to his eyes and you can see them light up. I love his kindness and his genorosity. I love the Christian that he is.

Take the Challenge, I promise you wont be disapointed.

Blessings
Crystal

1 comment:

Jules said...

Yes, "HELLO, PAUL"!!! :o) What a wonderful brother-in-law he is too! Always cheering me up and I know I am grouchy quite often! :o)

Keep loving my sis like you do!

~Love,
Jungle Julie