I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Monday, December 22, 2008

Crystals Chicken Enchilada Soup.

I was running low on groceries the other night and my dear oldest child and his fiance had fixed what I had on the menu for that night, but a different night...so essentially, my groceries werent there to fix what I had planned (I thanked them for fixing supper that night but wondered how I was going to replace this meal..lol) Well, looking through my freezer and my pantry, this is what I came up with....

2 frozen bonless skinless chicken breast.
3 cans cream of mushrrom soup
1 soup can of milk
1 can Rotel
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt to taste,
1/4 lb Velveeta, cubed.
Leftover tortilla chips and tortillas.
Sour Cream

I put a can of soup in the bottom of the crock pot, put the chicken breast on top of it, poured in the other two cans of soup, milk and rotel. Added spices. Stir. Cook on High for 4-6 hrs. At about 5 hours (before if you want...) I added the Velveeta and came back and stirred one or two times.

I was hoping for a thick mixture to make enchiladas out of but it turned out really soupy. So we just put some tortilla's and tortilla chips in a bowl and added soup and sour cream. Yummmmmm My hubby loved it and even my picky oldest child ate two bowls. I think if I fix it again though, I will double it.

No comments: