I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Saturday, January 26, 2008

This and That.

I have been so busy the last couple of days. It has been a mad house around here. Paul has been working late so the kids and I have been trying to stay occupied until Daddy gets home. When he works late for several nights in a row, he likes for the kids to stay up at least a couple of night so he can see them and play with them. That means that they get in bed later and are grouchy the next morning. But they get grouchier if they dont see Daddy for a few days. So we have been trying to just go with the flow and do whatever comes next.

I am still not feeling the greatest from my sinus infection. Just no energy. I have been doing things to have more energy..you know like eating bananas and drinking lots of water. I also found some great exercise videos that I have been doing for the past couple of days. Its from Walk At Home . I have the three mile powerwalk. I thought I could do it all because I walk all the time. HAHA. I have done about a mile and a half so far and I have been sore every night. I love it though I can already tell places that It has worked. As far as losing weight goes, I dont know. I am not weighing. I tend to get intimidated when I weigh. Or discouraged. I am just exercising because it feels good and I get to feel better when I do it. If my clothes start falling off then good that means I am achieving past my goals. I just want to have more energy for my kids and if I get to buy smaller clothes in the process then great.

Its also neat because its not so involved that the kids cant be around me. I have the DVD player set up in my room and they either sit on the bed and watch or read books or if they want to, they get up and walk too. Jason plays in his bed with some toys while we do it. Then after it is over, I go take a shower while the girls finish watching the video (it is a 3 mile video and I only walk 1 1/2) and then we leave and Jason goes down for his nap. It is really working out well.

My husband made me cry yesterday (not in a bad way). He gets really emotional sometimes when he talks about how Christ died for our sins. Well, some people that he works with had a clock in their office that had a broke face on it...nothing bad just a crack. They asked him if he wanted it for our Church because they knew we were building a new building. He told them yeah....we would take it...we just got sheetrock up last week and havent bought a clock yet. And personally were not picky...we dont mind a clock with a cracked face and here is why and also why I cried. In my husbands words..." Everyone of us in that Church have been broken or had broken dreams at one point or another. We dont judge each other because of our broken past, why should we throw out the clock because it has a broken face, it still works. Just like us, it is still working for Christ...It just got a little detoured on the way." And you know, I cried because I can relate completely. I have been broken down, I have been cracked, I have been tossed out the door. But I am still working, I am still striving for that goal. And God hasnt given up on me. He didnt cast me out the door when I was broke, He opened his arms and said Come Home my child. They also gave him a table that is a little battle scarred. It has some scratches and some dents. But it is a good strong sturdy table. Something the kids cant push over and spill everything. We are going to use it for a communion table. But it also reminds me of me. Except I am something the kids can push over....one too many whines or one too many fights and I am falling over into the devils hands and turning evil. I need to strive to stay strong like that table and be something that the kids cant push over. That can handle all their fights and all their whining and say "Come home my child" If I was more like Christ and more patient but strong, they might not fight and whine as much.

There are some Church songs that I have been singing here lately around the house.. One of them is "Did You Think To Pray" the chorus of it is"O how praying rest the weary! Pray'r will change the night to day; So when life seems dark and dreary, Dont forget to pray" I love that. And it has been reminding me to pray often.

The other really isnt a church song but we have been listening to it alot and the girls can almost sing it by heart. "I Can Only Imagine" by Emerson Drive. It is on a praise and worship cd that we have. I love to hear my little girls sing. It usually is a mixture of Jesus Loves Me and Come Home and Imagine Momma Imagine...lol. They love to sing.

I dont really have a whole lot else going on. Just trying to stay sane in all the chaos. But for now I am going to go watch "Jungle Book 2" with my monsters (sweethearts) and then I am going to walk. Paul is working today so we dont really have get up and go that we usually have on Saturdays.

Love and Prayers
Crystal

No comments: