I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Different Things....

I know I didnt get around to posting our menu for this week. I have been extremely busy getting my house back in order from the weekend and getting my garden and yard worked on.

But to round out whats left of this week, we are going to have some good meals.

Monday-- Hamburgers on the grill (we had family over)

Tuesday--Pizza (Jack bought because one of his friends from Church came over)

Wednesday---Fried Chicken, Baked Potatoes, Corn on the Cob

Thursday-- Beef, Bean and Cheese Nachos (we will have three of our nieces spending the night with us....(4, 8 and 13). and Jacks girlfriend will be eating supper with us...

Friday---Omelettes

Saturday--Burrito Cassarole (with homemade tortillas, and leftover beans (refried)

Sunday--Open faced roast beef sandwiches for lunch and Eggs, Hashbrowns and Bacon for supper.


On to other things....We had a wonderful weekend. Saturday, we all went with Paul to run some errands he had to run. When we got home, we had a long day of doing work around the house that needed done. Got alot accomplished. Sunday, we had an amazing Church service. It was a very packed house considering how small our church house is. When we built it, we made it small so as not to spend alot of money. Well, it barely holds our 15 or 20 people and Sunday, we had 10 extra people...So it was wonderful. Beuatiful singing and just marvelous fellowship. After Church, it was our Sunday that we go to Sams and get our bulk items. We found several things on sale and had the extra money for it so we picked up a few extra items. (Things we will use but dont buy unless they are on sale...)

Monday, we cleaned house and got ready for our cookout that night. We had Pauls sister and her family over and his brother and one of his daughters and her little boy and Granny and Papa and Jacks girlfriend. It was a blast...noisy but fun. I enjoy hosting things like that but just dont usually take the time to do it. I need to more often.

I have really been working on my husband encouragement even though the thirty day challenge is done with. (for me anyway, you can start it whenever you want). I find myself sometimes really getting annoyed with Paul and I have to make myself stop and say "No, Crystal, you need to be nice about this and let him make the decisions. It will all turn out okay." It has blessed our marriage so much for me to do this!

On a happier note, We DID get a stimulus check! I know in my post before I had said that we werent getting one and I had given up on it.....but we got THE letter in the mail two days after it hit our bank account (according to the records..) But when I called the hotline to make sure that it was all okay....I still get the same automated message that says we arent getting one....Crazy I know but I do have a couple of friends that are having similar situations. Who knows. But THANK GOD that we got ours.

Since we got ours, I did go ahead and make a dental appointment with a dentist that my nieces use (Did I mention how much I deteset dental work....?) I dont know what it is..I can have babies...broke bones......menstrual cramps...(I know bad topic huh..) But I absolutely cannot willnot make myself sit in a dentist chair unless I absolutely have to. Well Paul told me I have to so I guess in the submissive nature that I am trying to be in, I will go. But I dont have to like it. :-( I could just be stubborn and not go, but I am tired of my mouth hurting. So I will go and get my mouth fixed just so I can talk more (Love Ya Honey! :-) ) But please do keep me in your prayers that I may have an easy time getting my work done that I need done. I do have three babies to care for while I am getting it done (which I am afraid may include getting my wisdom teeth out....ouch!)

I guess that is about all that is going on around our house right now. It is late and I need to go to bed. Paul has to get up at 4:30 in the morning to go to work. They have to have a fire alarm test in one of their buildings and he has to be there for it. (YUCKKK...) And since I am trying to be more encouraging, I will be up with him....that is if he doesnt tell me to go back to sleep...then I will be submissive and go back to sleep...gladly...lol.

Much Love and Many Prayers
Crystal

2 comments:

javamamma said...

I guess it was bittersweet getting your extra money - yay for money, boo for dentists. :) Have a great rest of week and weekend!

Jules said...

SO glad to hear about your great weekend & your check! Yay!!! :o) Your menu sounds yummy! What is this girlfriends name? Aunt Julie MUST know! haha. Have fun with the kids tonight!

Love you,
Sis