I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

How to use the Bible

I came across this the other day while looking through some old papers of my Grandpas. I read one of them last night and it was really helpful.

How to Use the Bible

When In Sorrow
Read John 14

When men fail you
Read Psalm 27
When you have sinned
Read Psalm 51
When you worry
Read Matthew 6:19-34
When you are in danger
Read Psalm 91
If you have the blues
Read Psalm 34
When God seems far away
Read Psalm 139
If you are discouraged
Read Isaiah 40
If you are lonely or fearful
Read Psalm 23
If you feel down and out
Read Romans 8:39
When you want courage for your task
Read Joshua1
When the world seems bigger than God
Read Psalm 90
When you want rest and peace
Read Matthew 11:25-30
When leaving home for labor or travel
Psalm 121:107:23-31
If you get bitter or critical
Read 1st Corinthians 13
If thinking of invesments and returns
Read Mark 10:17-31


I just thought this might help someone today. I love finding treasures in my Grandpas papers. I am going to take a blogging break this week. I have got several things that I need to get done and some stuff on my mind that I need to think about.

A prayer request:
Please pray for my sister Julie because her last couple of months of pregnancy are getting tougher. Please pray that she can find some comfort and that she will have a safe and healthy delivery when her time comes.

Many prayers and Blessings
Crystal

3 comments:

Jules said...

Thank you sis. I really do need this today. I miss you and hope I get to see you soon. :o) Thanks so much for the email, it helped.

Love you,
Sis

Blessed Beyond a doubt.... said...

What a true blessing to find this bit of useful info from your PawPaw.

Jill

In Pursuit of His Call said...

I love this list...Do you mind if I copied and pasted it on my blog (of course I will link back to your blog). Thank you for this encouragement! Not only will this list help someone today, but it will always be referred to on many days :)

It's neat that you're still learning from your Grandpa.