I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Sunday, March 08, 2009

A different ATTITUDE!!!

Yeah I need a different attitude. I have been working on it and I am getting there. Slowly. I have been reading alot of blogs lately (did you ever notice that soemtimes there is a theme with the blogs...? ) that are talking about mask and attitudes and living life for God and not for ourselves.



One of my favorite songs right now is Stained Glass Masquarade by Casting Crowns. I love it. It is awesome. "Are we happy plastic people..." Well are we? I can tell you right now that I am not happy being plastic, wearing my mask, whatever you want to call it. I dont like being fake, I dont like for people to read my blog and think that I have the perfect life or wonder how I get it all done. I DONT! My laundry is piled up right now, my dishes from lunch need done, my garden needs the onions planted, and my toenails arent painted. But my kids are happy (or at least will be when they wake up because they get to go outside and play. ) My family got fed, and I am relaxing. Which makes me happy. The laundry will get put up sometime tommorow, after school and play time and all that, the dishes will get done after everyone goes to bed tonight, and my toenails...well, they may never get painted again..just because I am like that, I would rather play outside than in and when your outside, getting dirty, you really dont care what color you nails are of if your dishes are done.



I have thought a lot this past 6 months on what everyone else thinks, I have worried about whether or not me training my kids would affect others living with me. I have let my priorities get flip flopped because People that I am worried about affecting dont know how to let kids be kids. I have never been one to make sure that every little scrap of paper or every little toy is picked up. That has become my priority this past few months instead of whether or not my kids are enjoying life and being kids. I am starting to get back to letting them enjoy. Yes I will teach them that they should pick up after theirselves, and yes they should respect other peoples property (others should respect theirs also .....) but they will be kids and the will have fun. Lifes too serious not to enjoy what you can of it.



So if you have wondered why I have been absent from blogging alot it has been because I didnt feel like I could get on here and blog when I knew it would be fake, it would be me trying to convince the world and myself that I am okay. I am okay. I am sometimes depressed, anxious, procrastinator, goofy, loving, praying wife and mother. Hence the title of my blog. I am a praying mom of 3 (4....I pray for Jack now more than ever. )



I pray that I will be a Godly wife and mother. I pray that I am able to teach my kids how to be Godly. I pray that My children will grow up respecting us as parents and as Christian Brothers and Sister. I pray that I am doing right in the Lord. I PRAY!......



So from here on out, I am going to have a different attitude. In life, on this blog (when I post, which wont be often) and most importantly, in my heart.


2 comments:

Jules said...

LOVE you & this song!! But, I love you more!! :)

Sissy

Jules said...

Sister, I think you made lots of sense with what you said here. You are encouraging others to admit and face their weaknesses and that is something that takes courage. Especially when you first admit your own struggles. I am very proud of you for facing your demons and giving them to the Lord. I will email you more about this later.

(((HUGS)))

Love you! Sissy