I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Not enough time.

First of all, Today is my moms Birthday so Happy Birthday Mom (granny). I came across a blog today that was talking about how we as Christians are supposed to avoid the rat race of life. I completely agree with this. I really do believe that the rat race will get you in trouble. Not only financially but spiritually as well. I personally try to stay home as much as possible. I find that if we have to run to town for something one night we end up spending twice as much as we had budgeted because we see stuff we WANT........I have also found that if I go to visit people, I end up spending because it is too tempting to stop on the way home and get something to drink and the kids then want something and what was going to be a $1. stop then becomes a $3 or $4 stop. Now I know that it is part of my Christian duty to visit the sick and the elderly I just wish I could do it without spending. And I can I just have to tell myself that nasty word NO... I have been cooking at home for all of our meals for the past 3 weeks and it is going okay. I haven't worked in the time to do a lot of baking (biscuits, bread, etc. ) I also do not have all of the neccesary tools to do this with. But we have been doing better since i have started cooking. We still like to grab the occasional frozen pizza for the girls or go out to eat on Sunday for lunch (which we can't currently do(Pauls sis treated us this past Sunday) I really think that if we keep on trying to not spend any extra that we can get somewhere. But that figures into the time issue to. Like I said, I have not found the time to bake which would save us money. I also am wondering how it is going to work out with a new baby. Will I be able to prepare meals like I do now. We may get tired of omeletts which is what hubby makes when i can not stand long enough to cook supper and have not cooked anything in the crockpot.

I guess I am just wondering out of the few who get to read this blog if any of you have ran into these problems? I just wish I could make more time to do my Christian and wife and mother duties without taking away from one of them.

Anyway, gotta go cook supper now.

No comments: