I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Sunday, November 30, 2008

A full plate...

In light of my Sisters Blogging break, just a bit of wisdom..





If you take a plate, (in my case, I need a huge plate..) a regular size dinner plate out of your cabinet. Put it on the table. Take a piece of paper, and cut 1x1 squares out of it. (I neede three pieces of paper). On these 1x1 squares, write what you have to do in your life...your day to day living. Such as , daily bible reading or as I call it, my quiet time. write down dishes, floors, laundry, homeschool if you do this, work if you go to work, write each kids name on a different square, write your spouses name on a square, groceries, bills, anyone that you visit on a regular basis, PTA meetings if your child is in school...homeschool coop, homeschool kids play day, moms night out, CHURCH!!!! hunting,

Anything that is considered a to do for you. write each item or person on a square....



Now take a piece of paper....write GOD on it in big bold letters. place this sheet on the plate...now pile all your 1x1 squares on top of the paper. Do they fall off of the plate? Can you still see GOD underneath everything? I couldnt.



Now take it all off except GOD. And slowly sort through them and put only the important ones on there....but make sure you can see GOD through it all.....



This was my new priorities....



Paul, Jack, Kylie, Alaina, Jason, House (this included laundry, dishes, cooking), playday, moms night out, mom, dad, mom2, dad2, CHURCH, hunting.





I could still see GOD through this...If I added one more thing, then I couldnt see God through it. So I stuck with this. If you are wondering why I put Church closer to the end, it is because our Church pretty much takes care of itself. Yeah we have activities. but I am not soley in charge of anything, we all work together to get stuff done. I put my parents and pauls parents on there because they are getting older and I feel I need to check up on them more often. God, Paul, the kids (which includes teaching them and being a mom,) take up most of my time. We have play day once a month and moms night out once a month. They dont take up that much time.



Jack is going to be getting married in January. So while I will still worry about him as any parent would, I wont have the sole responsibility for him anymore, so he will come off of my top priorities.....not saying I dont love him, but he wants to get out on his own and grow up and make his mistakes and learn from them. So I am going to try to let him. But with him off of my plate, does that mean I am going to add another one....no, I am going to use my extra time to spread out between the other priorities and myself....



So there, do this, see what all you have going. I wish I could remember where I found it but I cant so just trust me on this one....It is a real eye opener...



Blessigs

Crystal

2 comments:

JavaMama said...

Wow!! What an awesome idea... I am definetly going to try this although I know it will be challenging and convicting. Thanks for sharing it.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

Jules said...

This helped and is still helping me a whole lot. Thank you, sissy.

Luv ya!