I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Husband Encouragement and Up Early! And Happy Birthday Kylie!

Do you realize that we are over halfway through with the Husband Encouragement Challenge? But should we really ever be through.....We should encourage our husbands everyday! Not just because it is our job, but because we want to! How is the challenge coming for you?


Day Sixteen:
"And the LORD God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a
helper comparable to him." Genesis 2:18
God says that it is not good for man to be alone. But the way some women criticize their
mates, the husbands may long for solitude. Be careful today not to criticize your mate,
but look for ways to encourage him personally and publicly.
Speaking of communication, does your husband communicate with you? God has made
you a companion and helper for your husband, and part of being "one flesh" with him is
the privilege of sharing and discussing personal needs and concerns. Thank God for
that wonderful gift. Thank your husband for communicating with you.
If your spouse does not communicate as you wish, look for ways that he communicates
that are normal for him - smiling at you, nodding his head, even a pleasant "grunt!" - and
then thank him for letting you know that he cares. Perhaps he needs to be lovingly
taught how to communicate. Be patient with him...and listen when he does speak.


Paul is not a very big speaker....Not saying anything negative trust me...He is the most loving caring man but he just is not a big talker. He communicates in other ways.....bringing me a snack or something speacial when he goes to town.....or coming in and helping with supper.....or helping with the house chores I have left to do (which I shouldnt have any left to do...) He holds my hand in the car...almost constantly, puts his hand on my back as we walk through a store or through a parking lot, sneaks little kisses throughout the day, calls me just to say I love you! So see, your husband does not have to talk to communicate with you.

I have been doing okay on getting up early. I have missed a few days but Paul has told me not to worry about it, just do what you can. I dont know why but the past few days, I have been exhausted and havent been able to get out of bed. I think I may have caught a little bug or something....because Kylie, the one who is always out of bed by 7 has been sleeping until 8 or until I wake her up....so I think either allergies or a bug has gotten us.

But I will keep trying!!!!

And later today, a birthday post to my Kylie Bear! She turns 6 today....6 Oh my Gosh where did the time go? Love You Kylie!

Blessings
Crystal

No comments: