I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Monday, August 24, 2009

Misc....

Starting with the Husband Encouragement Challenge, I have a some Misc. stuff.


Day Twelve:
"With all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love."
Eph. 4:2
Part of the difficulty you may face as you continue in this 30-day challenge to encourage
your husband is that you really are struggling to find positive things to praise. Perhaps
the problem is not with your husband. Have you checked your own heart?
Sometimes we get disillusioned because of our own unreasonable or unrealistic
expectations (Prov. 13:12). It may not be that our mates are doing something wrong; it's
simply that we expect too much in some areas.
Our expectations must be met in God alone, and then we will have the right perspective
to ask God for the healing and grace we need to respond to others.
How sad that we give more grace to others than to those in our own homes. Today, try
to look at your husband through eyes of grace. Verbally thank your husband for what he
is already doing.

This was yesterdays Challenge. I know how difficult it is at times to think Positive and find things to praise your husband for....While I am not currently having a problem with this, I do need to thank him for it verbally and to show him more that I appreciate all that he does. I do however know of a young woman who is having problems with this and with blaming her husband for all the problems they do have, everything is his fault. While I have been there, and know what is going on, and I know how my situation was handled, I was wondering if any of yall have any suggestions and ideas for how to help her and him.

On the homeschool side of life, we are doing good! I have almost worked all my curriculum plans out, and am working on a daily and weekly schedule. The girls are really enjoying doing Starfall
I am reading over all my Charlotte Mason books. Whew...I never knew I could love to read a book about education....

I will post more soon over on my homeschool blog.

I am so ready for fall! We have our fall decorations in a tote in the girls closet, and everytime we open the closet door, we can smell the candles.....pumpkin pie, mulled cider, apple pie....yum. We are so ready for the cooler days of leaving the oven on with baking....

That is about all for today...sorry for the rambling.

Blessings
Crystal

No comments: