I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu

Our week last week was so crazy. We actually did have half of the stuff that I had planned but not the other half. Just imagine, half the week with teenagers in and out and the other half...calm...lol. But it was great. Loved it.

So this week, we are still working on getting some of that food made. We have a trip planned for Wednesday and of course hunting whenever we can go. I refuse to go hunting if I dont have something planned for Supper that Paul can just put on plates for the kids. I dont like him having to cook for them. So on nights that I go hunting, I try to have one dish meals or soemthing simple. Remember also that I buy and plan for two weeks so I always start with Sunday and end with a Saturday.

I am still using recipes off of Razzle Dazzle. My sis recommended it and I love it.

Sunday--we ate out because we worked at Church and bought groceries

Monday-- Cassarole (recipe below.)

Tuesday--Pork Chops in Gravy over rice

Wednesday--Trip...eat on the road.

Thursday--Crockpot Tamale Cassarole.

Friday--Frito Chili Pie (Chili cooked in Crockpot)

Saturday--Chicken Noodle Soup (Chicken cooked in Crockpot)

Sunday-- Spaghetti (Sauce cooked in Crockpot)

Monday--Crockpot Chicken and Velveeta Cassarole

Tuesday--Soup (In Crockpot) (made with leftover grilled backstrap and whatever else I find :) )

Wednesday--Eight Layer Cassarole

Thursday--Omelettes

Friday--Homemade Pizza or Crockpot Pizza (recipe link to come later.)

Saturday--Crockpot Swiss steak


Recipe-- The cassarole I am making tonight is just a simple one. I take 1lb of ground beef, 2 boxes of Mac and Cheese and 1 can of rotel. Cook the beef (add any spices you want). Cook the Mac and cheese according to package directions Mix in 1 can rotel with about half of the juice. Mix with beef, put in cassarole dish and sprinkle with bacon bits. (My husband likes the bacon bits...) I bake this for about 10 minutes on 350. Sometimes I will add just tomatoes and onions instead of rotel. There is different variations that I have seen. But it is a hit whenever I make it and it feeds all of us so. :)

I am hoping that there arent too many changes to my menu this week. It gets hectic around here sometimes. Can you tell I love my Crockpot? :)

Blessings
crystal

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I enjoyed taking a look at your menu! I've been trying to use the crockpot more too.
~Kelli