I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Update on the babies...

Here is an update on Brittany's babies....if you dont know what I am talking about, please read the previous post.

The first baby is named Justin, and the second one is named Richard. Richard is the one that is in Little Rock.

When Justin was born, the placenta tore which cause Richard to be without oxygen for 2-3 minutes...until he was born. In turn, his brain temp got too warm (did you know that the blood in our brain is at least 2 degrees cooler than our body..? Interesting info...). Then because of storms, the medivac flight pilots did not want to fly so Richard did not get to Little Rock in the 6 hrs after his birth that they consider the most optimum time for treatment...instead he got there 12 hrs after. So that added a complication.

They have a thingy ( I dont know what it is called) on him cooling his brain temperature down and on Saturday, they will try to take it off. If his body regulates his brain temperature, then they will do brain scans to see how much damage if any is done. They are predicting some but dont know how much. If he cant regulate his temperature, then the thingy stays on for another few days.

Please keep praying as we all know the power of God. We all know that this baby can be healed. Please pray for little Richard. Please pray for Justin he is crying without his womb mate, and please pray for Brittany and her boyfriend Justin as they go through this together...I am praising him today because he hasnt left her side through any of this. He is going to be an amazing daddy... Please Please Pray!

Blessings
Crystal

ps....I guess I should explain that I feel so involved because this is Jacks little sister that I have know for going on 6 yrs now. I have got to watch her grow just as I have Jack...she was the little girl that when I went to pick him up for the weekend, had to come say hi and give me hugs and always had to say hi to the babies (Kylie and Alaina..) She is a sweet girl and is trying hard to be agood parent to her babies...even though they are only hours old....She was a good mom the whole time she was pregnant..But anyway, just please pray.

No comments: