I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Philosophy

I was just thinking last night about things I learned in College about teaching. It occured to me that I didn't learn that much. About the only thing I remember is the Foundations of Education Class. We had to write all kinds of different papers. One of them was our Philosophy of Education. We had to write this and their goal for the teaching program was that at the end of your course study you would have changed that philosophy based on the knowledge you gained.

It made me think of how little girls have a dream of someday getting married and becoming a mommy and by the time they are teenagers usually that dream has changed a little bit to include college, and by the time they are either in college or married that dream has become reality and the knowledge now makes that childhood dream seem so far away.

The Greek meaning of Philosophy is "love for wisdom" . I wouldnt call my self a philosopher but I am always searching for answers and truths. Like the little girl, my philosophy on life changed when I became a teenager, It changed when I became the mom of one and then two and now it has definatly changed with 3. I am sure it will change many times more in my lifetime. I just hope that with each change, it is with more knowledge and positivity than before.

I hope this makes sense, It is just some ramblings that I have had going around in my head all night and wanted to post.

I will probably post later today about our weekend. Right now, I have to go fix breakfast as my quiet computer time is over because my 3 yr old has recently decided that 7:00 in the morning is a good time to get up and she no longer needs a nap during the day either. what fun they are.....!

No comments: