I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Several post all rolled into one.

I am going to try and post several things that I have been wanting to post about in this one. We will see how far I get. My internet is acting up tonight and my kids are all cranky.

  • In my post on appreciative husbands the other day, I mentioned about not being taught how to be submissive in some things. MOM, THIS IS NOT ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!

I read an article a while back about being a cranky wife. It explained alot of what I had been missing in my studying of my life. I will try and link to it later. It explained that if we do not study or realize that there is a different way of life then we go on in the same patterns that our mothers or our role models did. I realized that my mom not being submissive in all things and having a rebellious nature that wasnt always quieted when it should have been came partly from her mom and grandmother. If any of you reading this knew my great grandmother, you would realize that mostly it came from her.... She was very vocal and very rebellious. I believe that my mother tried her best and did her best according to what she was taught and not ever realizing that it was not all correct, never studied to be any different. I dont fault her or blame her for this, I have a choice now that I realize this that I can either continue in this rut or I can study the correct way to be. I have been working on this alot. So far, Paul says I do okay. Some days he gives me this look that says I need to go read my Bible some more. So I do......

I love you Mom. You are the best mom anyone could ask for. Like I said, I do not fault or blame you for this. I am so glad that you are my mom......

  • I have also been wanting to post on my progress with the kids and homeschooling.......We are not progressing......Between Jason's birth, getting him on a schedule, going to see Julie when she had the baby, then I had a really bad sinus infection that had me literally exausted....and now Jason is teething....yes i know he is only 2 1/2 months old, but he is teething so some days are really really trying.....and now Alaina's allergies are really making her cranky. So we are not doing so well....I have been working some with them and we are going to start in earnest with Kylie in August .
  • I have been trying to get back on my schedule of cleaning house. It is frustrating. I cannot handle having to do laundry every day. I absolutely cannot. I refuse. But now I need to figure out how to get a handle on it and only have to do a load of Jasons clothes and baby wipes every other day.
  • I am going to put a link in my sidebar for my menu every week. Not only will this let you know what I am fixing but it will remind me on days when I forget to open my binder and get on here.
  • My sister loaned me a book on nutritional healing. It is really pretty interesting. I am learning alot from it....
  • Kylie learned(is that even a word?) how to say part of a prayer....."God is Good, God is Great, Thank him for our food. AMEN" not exactly the right words but she is learning and I am very proud of her. She is trying so hard to make us proud and I cant figure out how to get across to her that I am proud of her already and she doesnt have to make us proud. How do I do this?

I guess that is all for now. I dont really have a whole lot more to say. I need to update my reading list but will wait until I order some of the books that I checked out from the library. They are really interesting.

Love and Prayers.

No comments: