I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dieting and Exercise

I know I know....dirty words huh......I found on one of the blogs I read that the lady is doing something called Tell the Truth Tuesday, I thought I might do mine on Wednesday since that is uaually my down day. By down I dont mean that I have nothinhg to do, I mean it is usually my most depressing day. I figure if i do this then if I make any progress it will pick me up and if I dont then it wont make any difference.

anyway, this woman began by posting her beginning weight and how many pounds she has lost in the past week and her desired wieght loss goal.. And every tuesday, she post how she is doing. she also posted some tips on wight loss today. I have the same problem as her, I crave sweets and carbohydrates......which essentially means that i dont have enough protein in my diet. So......I am going to post my current weight, which isnt pretty, my goal weight and then next week we will post and see if I have lost or gained and what improvements I need to make.

Current weight--220 (told you it wasnt pretty.....)
Goal weight -----160
Total to lose------601bs.

If I can lose a total of 2lbs a week, then i can reach this in 30 weeks. But I will hit a point where it doesnt come off as easy. So then I will have to either exercise more or figure out different foods to eat.

But for now, starting tonight,

  • Eat smaller portions
  • keep walking (have been doing laps around my back yard. go ahead and laugh but it is a huge backyard and i did 30 laps in 15 minutes the other night plus jumping jacks and jumping rope with kylie.....)
  • Do Tae Bo twice a week. ( I love Kick boxing)
  • Dont eat as many sweets. Or none at all (dont think i can do this)
  • Cut back on carbs but not entirely because it is not good to do completely without carbs.

I cannot afford to eat like someone on a diet because that would mean buying and cooking two different meals for my family. Paul will eat some healthier but not completely like I want to and since he is the head of the household, I have to do as he says. If I had more grocery money then I probably could afford it but I am not asking for it right now.

I have tried eating those Weight Watchers meals and the Desserts.....They are okay but they dont satisfy me...I think I need to really be able to afford to eat what I really want...Steaks and Salads...I would be really happy and since I would be getting lots of protein then maybe I wouldnt crave the sweets...

Oh well, I have to go to WAL Mart today (ughhhh) and I guess I will get me some peanuts or something like that and lots of fruit and start snacking on those when I want something sweet.. We will see how it goes. Any suggestions please let me know. I really want to lose this weight. I have been carrying it around for 4 years now. (since kylie was born and with each pregnancy I kept about 10 lbs of it) Anyway..... Wish me luck and hope I do well... If you want to join in with me it would be great and I could use the support...maybe with all the motivation, we could really lose some weight.

Just a note, I am not only wanting to lose some weight, I want to be in shape.....I miss being in shape like I was when I played Basketball in High school.....

Love and Prayers.

No comments: