I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Thursday, July 05, 2007

NEW CHALLENGE

Okay so you know that I am trying to be a better CHRISTIAN, WIFE, MOTHER etc.... well I realized a couple of weeks ago that if I would take more time to study and quit worrying so much, my life might be more peaceful and less chaotic. I truly believe this and have been trying to figure out how I could manage to have more time to study. I mean I am the mom of three. I do have a husband that works 40+ hours a week and is fixing to start a second job. I cant very well take time away from him in the evenings when I barely get to see him as it is. I was reading a blog called fruitinseason my sister recommended it to me. I know she does not share all of the same religious beliefs that I do but sometimes others can be inspiring. Besides, I dont know of many Church of Christ bloggers out there. Anyway, she was talking about how she did a two week trial of getting up early and reading her bible and having her time with God. My first thought was that she was nuts and I couldnt do this with my kids. I would be exausted. But as I read it I thought wait aminute you duffus....you got up when you were pregnant with Jason. And I did, The last 4 months that I was pregnant with him, I was up when Paul left for work at 6:00 he got up at 5:30 and I let him finish his bathroom stuff then I got up and started mine then got a cup of coffee, sent him out the door with a hug and kiss and sat down to study or read blogs for inspiration. I was more patient with the kids, (didnt yell near as much, ) I learned alot that I could ask questions about when Paul got home. We actually had some really good conversations about stuff. I remember being tired but not spiritually like i am now.

I right now in my life have no purpose in my spiritual life. I need a push in that direction. So I have decided to issue a challenge.


I challenge you , whoever you are reading this blog, to a 28 day Morning Study Time. Every day for 28 days, rise before your family, get you a cup of coffee or tea or a glass of ice water or whatever you like to start you day with, put brakfast on while you are doing it if possible. What ever you have to do.

I personally am going to get up and start with a cup of coffee and then a glass of ice water. I will start by praying and asking God to guide my studies and to show me the light. I know this sounds crazy but to share a story with you, for those of you who think i have it all under control and admire me for having three kids. About a month ago, I was having one of those days that nothing was going right, the phone would not quit ringing, and my kids were out of control. I could not stop yelling and Jason was so colicky all day that I was about ready to just literally scream until I could not scream no more. I dont know why or what happened but all of a sudden, I knew that I had to go pray and read by myself. I put Jason in his swing, (he was relatively safe from the girls.) I put a movie in that the girls hadnt watched in a while and I went in my bedroom and shut the door. (Kylie is old enough she knows to come get me if something happens and besides it is a trailer house you can hear through the walls lol) I prayed and prayed and prayed and asked God to guide me and show me what to do. I then opened my Bible and read. I opened it without looking and it opened to Prov. I cant remember now the scriptures but it was where it talks about being quick to anger. Oh Boy did that hit home.....I read it and then prayed some more thanking God for that wisdom. You know what My day was better after that. By the time Paul came home, we were all settled down and the house was relatively clean and Jason was down for a good long nap. I was actually smiling. Do you know how often I smile when he comes home anymore. Not very, mostly it is a frown and a "How do you think my day went." I am working on another challenge for this topic but anyway. JOIN ME PLEASE.......

If you will leave a comment or email me (ladybowhunter22@yahoo.com) with your name I will start a list of all who is joining this challenge. I dont know how to get buttons to put on my blog but will work on that too......So I can have a pretty button for this.

I am starting tommorow. I will get up at 6:00 that is when Paul leaves for work. I will get my coffee and maybe start breakfast (we will see about that one.) I will then sit down for my morning talk with God.

Sometimes Jason wakes up at 6 sometimes 6:30 but he is usually good until about 7:30 when he gets hungry so I should be able to get in at least 30 min if not an hour.

NO HITTING THE SNOOZE BUTTON...NO ROLLING OVER AND TURNING THE ALARM OFF, NO GRIPING.....I WANT TO HEAR POSITIVE RESULTS. HAHA...THE FIRST FEW DAYS WILL BE ROUGH....BUT GOD MAD THE BIGGEST SACRIFICE OF ALL, HE GAVE HIS SON FOR US SO I CAN DO THIS LITTLE BIT FOR HIM......AND MY FAMILY. MY KIDS DO NOT NEED A YELLING MOTHER AND MY HUSBAND NEEDS TO BE GREETED WITH A SMILE. :)

GOOD LUCK

LOVE AND PRAYERS.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Sis,

I am joining you. Write more later I am holding Lily and trying to type!

Julie