I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Friday, July 06, 2007

Study Time and Honor Your Husband



I got up this morning at 5:00 with Jason. He slept all night and was ready to be fed. I could not go back to sleep after he ate and Paul left at 5:30 this morning instead of 6 so I stayed up, got my coffee going and got my concordance and my Bible. I studied Proverbs 31 believe it or not. I spent a whole hour looking up words and following their Hebrew meanings. I learned alot and will post on it when I complete the Chapter. I also prayed for my family and for my friends and for patience.

Jaso woke up again at 6:30 and I put him in his swing andkept studying. The girls woke at 7:00 and we prayed together and got breakfast ready. I now have laundry going and have not yelled once this morning. Cross my fingers and keep praying.

Julie commented on how she read about love being kind and she was mad at Charlie when she read it. I know exactly how you feel. I am really amazed at how sometimes if we will just listen, God really does talk to us. He knew you needed to read that verse just like the day I was mad at my kids, He knew that I needed to read about being slow to anger.

I know it is hard trust me, I have a 4mth old who doesnt always sleep through the night, my two yr old and 4yr old sometimes get up lots during the night to go to the bathroom. (I dont mind this it is better than having to change sheets. ) But I dont always get enough sleep. I really believe though that if I am willing to get up early enough to spend time with God then He will guide me through my exaustion and help me with my day. JUST KEEP PRAYING...

On to my next topic. Julie has joined and issued a challenge that is going on over at http://fruitinseason.blogspot.com/ It is a 30 day Honor Your Husband Challenge. I know we are joining late but I plan on keeping mine going for the full 30 days.

My goals for the week are not many as I was told last night that I already honor him and he doesnt see any need for me to do this. But I am anyway (not very submissive huh?)

Anyway,

1) I will be less angry with him. I have a problem of getting angry with him when he is on the computer and there is stuff that he could be doing. It doesnt take much, just seeing him on it mostly looking for new jobs (I dont understand why he does this when he has his real estate liscense and there is no way we could make it on what one of those jobs would pay anyway. part of my not trusting him and fear that he is never going to be happy doing what he does.) I need to work on not getting mad when he is on here. He works all day and comes home and wants to relax. I need to look at it like this instead of looking at all that he isnt doing and thinking that he is just putting more work on me.

2) I will be less nagging. Yes I NAG.....I believe I inherited this trait although I cannot get her to see it. lol Love her though very much. I am bad about nagging him until he does stuff that I believe he needs to do. (see above) I know he despises it but yet I cannot help myself. I really am bad.....

3) Like most everyone else who is doing this challenge, I will be more responsive in the bedroom. If you dont want to read this the scroll somewhere else. But it is part of marriage and part of being a loving caring wife. I believe that we do okay in this area already but there are nights that i really wish he wouldnt even ask. So I will try to improve on this.

anyway, I will post next week on how I am doing on this. I have a busy weekend so I will probably be back on monday (maybe, my uncle is not doing good at all and we are expecting him to go anytime.)

Love and Prayers

3 comments:

Jules said...

I am going to try and do a post on my progress tonight. It has been a very rough day. I am just so exhausted and stressed. I am going to keep at it though. I love your thoughts on nagging and especially the computer (same here). Well, will talk to you more later. Claire is up again. Love ya, Julie

Christine said...

Great job getting up early! I'm in awe! My littlest is 2 months old and I'm too exhausted to even think about it right now...

Great goals, too. I pray that you've been able to keep them thus far!

cryssi said...

Christine, Welcome to my blog.
And to you both....Thanks for the comments. I truly do understand about exhaustion. I guess I am past that point with Jason. I do remember though....when he had colic and would do nothing but scream all day and then scream until midnight and then the girls were up by 7:00 It gets better I promise. Colic does go away, although Jason's tends to come back every now and then for a couple of days but then he is okay. It is not fun though because during and after those couple of days, my life is completely off track.

Love and Prayers.