I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where were you?


Now that the day is almost over, I would like to ask a question. Just something that I have been curious about over the years.


Where were you? What were you doing when the towers were hit?


I was getting ready for Government Class...ironic huh? I was back living at home with my parents and Dad always watched the news in the morning. I had gotten up about 7:00 and ate a little breakfast and took my shower. I was in my bedroom combing my hair when I heard Daddy say "My God they flew a plane into that building...idiots.." He did not know it was terrorist.


I came out of the bedroom to see what he was talking about and seen the Towers on the screen...as Dad and I were watching in shock, they discovered that it had been a plane...We actually seen the second plane fly through the air and circle around the buildings and hit the second building ....it was live....I will never forget the shock...never...I wasnt in New York, I was in my own living room watching it live on TV....


I finished getting ready for class, and as I was walking out the door, they announced that one had hit the pentagon. I went to class, 45 minutes away from home only to discover that my pshycotic depressed history teacher had canceled class and locked himself in his office watching the stuff. So, I went back home and watched news all day with daddy.


It was very upsetting and Dad was very emotional. See, he is a Vietnam vet and for him to sit back and watch someone attack our country that he had been drafted too fight for was very disturbing. I watched his face go from pale shock to red anger back to pale shock. I do not know how many cigarettes he went through that morning and I cant remember how many times he bowed his head and said "My God"


When we talked about it later, he said he couldnt believe that someone would attack a country that had proved they would help anybody. He said they had fought for how many countries when they didnt have to and then someone attacks them (US) He went through alot that day. I know I wasnt in New York but I will never forget that day. You see. I was allowed to see a part of that mind that I wonder so much about and for a day, I was allowed to see some of the pain that hides deep in there.


No I am not thanking the terrorist, I would never do that. I would never promote something so horrible. I am thanking God that I was able to be there that day. That my government class was canceled and that I went back home instead of to my boyfriends house. I am thanking God because now I understand a little part of my Daddy a little better. And I am thanking God that my Daddy came home from Vietnam. Some kids Daddys never come home.
God Bless.
Thank You God




1 comment:

Jules said...

Oh,sweety, thank you. I am so glad that you were there with Daddy, too. He was a mess that day but I think we shared in his turmoil that day and for that I will forever be grateful. I love you so very much. Mom got him out of the house today. Thank God. I am glad he did not watch the coverage all day long. I will email you later. Love, Sis