I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Saturday, October 20, 2007

My Crazy Life

I have had a crazy past couple of weeks. It has just been one of those times in my life where everything happens at once and nothing goes right. My sister had a post the other day about her day and she got into how she had read a blog that wondered how us "stay at home moms do it....they would go out of their mind". Well news flash, sometimes we do go out of our mind. I do it at least once a day. That way I stay sane. People think I am joking when I say this. But have you ever tried to just let your logical and never stopping mind go for a little while and just enjoy life. I try everyday to let go for at least an hour. I spend that hour playing with my kids or reading a book to them or teaching them something....Kylie wants to learn to sew. I know without a doubt that that is going to require me to go out of my mind for a little while. Otherwise I couldnt be patient enough to teach her.

Now if you are still reading this post you probably think that I am crazy. On the contrary. I am manic depressive. Which means that my mind never stops. It is always going and always thinking of probably 20 0r 30 things at once. It is really hard to shut my mind down for any period of time. So instead of trying to do it for no reason...I "go out of my mind" while playing with my babies. Do you know how easy it is to get lost in Laura Ingalls Wilder? Or in coloring scarecrows all green because that is the color of the day for a two year old...but the next day it is blue or red or something....

I love my life, I love my kids and I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. I have had people tell me that they admire me for staying at home or that they couldnt do that because they would be ready to kill their kids before the first day was over. I feel pity for these people. I really do. All you have really go to do is stop and enjoy your kids smiles or the silly things they say or do. See go out of your mind......stop thinking for a little while about what you have to do....or what needs done that you probably will never accomplish because there is just not enough time to do that and enjoy your kids....Enjoy your kids first. Then do everything else.

I also admire the Mothers out there who work and come home to a happy family. I admire the ones who go to work everyday (or part time ) and still run a household and take care of their kids with a smile. I personally dont think that I could go to work everyday and come home with a smile on my face for my kids. I would probably be too irritated and grouchy.

Julie also talked about what parts of housework that she liked and disliked. I have to say. I dont like to cook. I have never been that great at it although my husband keeps trying to convince me that I am. I dont like to eat my own cooking. I dont know there is just something about knowing what it looked like before you cooked it...lol. I do love the laudry part of keeping a home. I wish I had a clothesline so I could hang them out to dry and maybe next year i will. I like my sister though love the sound of the snaps in the dryer. I love the feel of the warm clothes when you pull them out of the dryer (you have to pull them out right when it is done to feel this, not wait for a while :) ) I love handwashing dishes, although i use my dishwasher alot, I love hot hot water on my hands and the accomplishment that I got my dishes clean. It seems to take some of the aggrivation out of my day. I love to wake up to a clean kitchen, wake up to a dirty one and my day is gone. I love to vacuum and see the clean floors that it leaves. I love to reorganize and rearrange. The fresh new feel that is there when you get that accomplished.

Things I dont like...dusting. I cant stand the little dust balls that go everywhere nor the gritty feel on my fingers after I get done (no i dont wear gloves to clean house, never have and really dont like the things.) I dont like having a huge couch taking up my living room space. It bugs me. My husband and I have seriously considered taking it out and just having a couple of chairs to sit in. (that is another post though) I dont like mopping...I dont know why, I just dont. I love sweeping however. I dont like cleaning toilets or tubs. Toilets are just nasty and tubs are too hard to clean (see I am a really tall person and to really clean my tub, I have to get way down on my knees and it kills my back and knees and by the time i am through i usually have a headache.) I dont like the fact that no matter how often you sweepdown the cobwebs, they always seem to come back. I dont like that at all. ( I think it has something to do with living in a trailor...People I know that live in real houses dont have this problem.)

I love the outside part of housework. I love to mow the yard even though i usually end up with a constant sinus infection every year from it (this didnt happen before I married my husband. I now live four hours away from where I grew up and I guess the weeds are just different. ) I love digging in the dirt to plant flowers. I love to rake leaves (although I have no trees where I live) I love making my yard look pretty.

I guess in all of my crazy life, I dont have any thing to complain about. But like I said the past couple of weeks have been crazy. So now my house is a wreck, my yard does not have lots of pretty flowers planted for next spring as planned, it needs mowed, and my mind had left me more than once in the past couple of days. But that is okay. I enjoy my crazy life and I enjoy going out of my mind, especially if it includes doing something fun with my kids.

So to all of you that dont see how we do it, it is really easy. We do go out of our mind but in a good way and we enjoy it. As my sister said, " Yes, it is hard. Extremely hard some days. It is both the most exhausting, the most demanding and the most rewarding thing that I have ever done. It's my home and these are my children and I am solely responsible for that and there are times when I need a break. But I always miss my husband (if he's not with me) and our girls."

Prayers and Blessings
Crystal

2 comments:

Jules said...

This is SO good, Sis. Thank you for this today. Love you, Julie

JavaMama said...

Thank you for the encouragement!! I am going to "go out of my mind" today!! :0)