I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Our Hunting Experience

For those of you who are wondering how I could take three kids with me hunting.....Well, It wasnt easy. Not at all. But as parents, my husband and I are determined to bring our kids up right and to bring them up enjoying the outdoors. Our kids, beg to go hunting and beg to watch hunting videos, and really really want to shoot a deer, or an elk, or a bear, or a turkey. Yeah they want to go. And research proves that kids that are involved in the outdoors more are less likely to get into drugs and all kinds of trouble. And on top of all that, It is a science class all in itself...

So,my darling husband set up our blind on the mountain (not too far up, maybe 300 or 400 yards from the very bottom). Saturday, I put the kids in their Jogging suits, and their insulated Jackets. Packed the Camoflage backpack with all kinds of gear for the kids. Loaded them in the truck with their camo blankets and some thick sheepskin blankets that their uncle had bought for them last year, and we took off. Drove maybe ten minutes to our friends land (no names mentioned) and unloaded the kids and blankets and hiked up the mountain.

Now have you ever tried to carry a 25lb baby up the mountain with a backpack on you......tough. I have muscles where I didnt know I had them....owww. We all got settled into the blind after the girls made their way through the briars and fallen trees. Alaina was settled in all snug and warm after about 5 min. Jason was hungry so he had a bottle and went to sleep. Kylie snuggled up by him and held him so he would sleep longer (If he is held he sleeps longer, spoiled I know) And I set up my gun and all that. I then proceeded to take my shoes off because everytime I moved around, I was kicking one of the kids with them and being insulated hunting boots, they are kind of bulky and hard to move around in tight spaces.

So we stayed that way for about two hours. Then Jason woke up and played for a little while before going back to sleep. Kylie stayed up and watched the squierlls playing around and helped me watch for deer. Alaina woke up about 10 minutes before we left and Jason woke up when DAddy came to get us. He was able to sneak up on Kylie really easy.

The highlight of the trip....besides having my babies there with me while I enjoyed the nature. We had a squierl Jump out of a tree and try to land on the blind. We heard him scratching all the way down the blind.....and chattering at it.....I peeked around the corner of the window in the blind and seen him sitting on a rock staring at it and chattering like he was daring that strange tree to move.. It was hilarious....Then we had one poke his head in at the bottom of the blind where the material doesnt quit reach the ground. He left really quick.

This coming weekend My mom is supposed to watch the kids while we go on her draw hunt. I am excited about it because 1, we need meat in our freezer 2, it is in a place that is known for its big bucks 3, it is an either sex tag...which means that if i see a doe first, since we need meat in our freezer, i can shoot her. 4, i get to see my family while i am down there...i havent seen my lil bear in a couple of months...i bet she has grown alot...and the rest of them are probably so big by now.

Time to go do my daily chores..

Love and Prayers
Crystal

1 comment:

javamamma said...

I came over through the other JavaMama. Enjoyed reading a few of your posts. It cracked me up to read about your hunting trip and then a couple posts down, about your spa day. You are an amazing woman!