I can do all things through Christ which Strengtheneth me. Phil. 4:13

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Kylie and Homeschooling

I have a few questions for those of you that read my blog...

To start with, Kylie is so frustrating sometimes. I mean, she knows her ABC's, she just doesnt want to sing it right most of the time. If she is singing it and she says the wrong letter, you can look at her and she will sullenly say the right one. Ughhhhh....

Then, she knows what most of them look like but when you ask her what that letter is, she will say the wrong one and keep saying it until you get so mad at her.

Paul and I have discussed it and we really believe she would be more productive learning to read. She just seems so bored with everything else and she is always wanting me to read to her and she is constantly asking me what that word is or this word....And she is always sitting around with a book in her hands acting like she is reading.....

I just would like to know some opinions of more experienced homeschoolers....

Thank You
Prayers

1 comment:

Amber said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I live in Oklahoma too. Yes, your daughter sounds a lot like my daughter. We started school this week and she loves the Sonlight. It is like a totally different person that I am teaching. She loves the structure. Have you tried the how to teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons? If not it is at Mardel and very easy to use. Maybe you could start out with that until December. Look forward to talking to you again!